Eating for Life Book

• I will be starting the program on Oct. 4th.  I have the"Body for Life" book and also the" Eating for Life" book.  I am a little confused about the Authorized foods.  In the "Body for Life" book, there is a small list of authorized foods but in the "Eating for Life" book, there are a ton of really great recipes.  Am I allowed to eat any of the recipes in the "Eating for Life" book in the 1st 12 weeks or is that just for maintenance?  The recipes seem great and there is so much variety that I think that I could really handle the eating portion if that were the case.  Am I allowed to eat the pudding desserts in the first 12 weeks?  Does anyone elso who has this book have any tips for me?  I am so excited to start after seeing all of the great recipes.  Can I use the "Eating for Life" book immediately????????????

Diana

• Diana, I'm not sure about whether the cookbook is intended for challenges or maintenance or both, but as far as the pudding goes, it is listed on the suggestions for the first week of eating here: bodyforlife.com/.../first-week-meal-plan. It's always the last meal of the day, and I think for good reason. Sweet foods like pudding can cause cravings so if you use it for an earlier meal you may find yourself struggling to stay on plan.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• There are also recipes here that are approved during 12-week challenges: bodyforlife.com/.../recipes

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Thanks.  I just bought the books and am anxious to start on Monday.  There was so much reading to do over the weekend and I still need to grocery shop.  Thanks for clearing that up for me so I can get started.  Then I will have time to go back and read from cover to cover.  I just love all of the support here.  I'm sure it will get easier once the first week is finished but right now there is so much to prepare for in just a weekend.  I am so excited to start that I didn't want to wait until the following Monday.

• Stick to the original list in the BFL book, and save the Eating for Life recipes for free days & maintenance..you will get the best results that way.  Best wishes on your journey.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• The Eating-for-LIFE book is intented for maintenance.  Be very careful if you plan to use it while in a challenge.  It is a good read as it talks in more detail about portion sizing, etc.  Here is a link to a thread that discussed the book http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/bfl/f/13/p/1456/17328.aspx#17328.  There was quite a debate but most of us agree (and I'm pretty sure I saw it some where on this site) that the EFL book is intented for maintenance.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Since this is day 1 for me, I appreciate knowing in advance to stick to the original list.  The Myoplex Lite ready made drinks are not on the actual list but he talks about them in the BFL book so I assume they are o.k. to have one a day.  Is that correct?  I enjoy one after my workout.  By having one a day, will that slow down my results?

Diana

• I personally asked Bill Phillips this question on his Transformation website and he said that the book was not intended to be used for just maintenance and was infact to be used with bodyforlife, some people just have to stick with the bland foods because they don't feel their making progress unless there's a struggle, the thing is if your calories are the same on the eatingforlife meals it wont make one iota of a difference to your results, also people always look at this as a 12 weeks thing, its bodyforlife not bodyfor12weeks,one last point if your actually enjoying the richer but still healthy meals in eatingforlife  it may prevent you from binging on freeday

• Yes Diana the RTDs are great and actually you can have no more than 2 a day.  I think it says that on the container.  What's key is when to eat after your workouts.  It is best to eat or have a shake within 15-30 min of weights and one hour after HIIT cardio.  It says this in the book.

• Check the BFL book, page 65, 4th paragraph.  I think that's where it's mentioned.

• I used the Eating for Life book throughout the entire 12 weeks. . . I dropped over 30 lbs of scale weight! My BF% dropped by over 15%. It is a great tool to add variety to the meal plans and keep it interesting.

• I have a sweet tooth so the nutritional shakes made with the "Right Light" appealed to me.  I just made the Key Lime Shake and it was very good and very big.  I can't believe the mix is only 130 calories.  It seems too good to be true.  Between the Myoplex Lite in the a.m. and a Right Light shake in the p.m., my sweet tooth is taken care of.  Did you use the Right Light and if so, what did you think?  Did you also use any Myoplex already made shakes?  They are also fantastic!

Diana