what do YOU eat for breakfast?

• Hey BFL crew,

i started the BFL challenge yesterday and already im struggeling for breaky ideas. i have oatmeal, but i dont really like it. and something about it just screams "junk food- dont eat me!" i'd love to know what you guys eat for breakfast, just so i cant get a little inspiration.

Cheers guys!

• I blend the raisin bran versions of Fiber One Cereal with the shredded wheat version, a half cup of 1% milk, and add a dozen blueberries and quarter cup of chopped walnuts.  Microwave to warm it up.  Quite filling and satisfying....

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• If you are eating plain oatmeal, there is nothing "junk food" about it; it is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.  I sometimes have toast with egg whites, egg white breakfast burrito with salsa, egg white omelette with turkey and spinach w/an apple, oatmeal w/ egg whites, protein pancakes, greek yogurt with fruit, cottage cheese with fruit....there are so many yummy things you can have.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I eat Wheaties mixed with a little fiber one and almond milk.  Lately I've been steaming brown rice asparagus and broccoli for dinner and eating what's left for breakfast.

• I usually have about a cup of egg whites (from a carton) mixed with 2/3 cup of oatmeal. I microwave it for about 3 1/2 minutes. Sometimes oatmeal and an apple, Greek yogurt and oatmeal, LF cottage cheese mixed with Yoplait Lite, EAS 100% whey blended with ice, water, and pumpkin, grapes, blueberries, or clementines

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• Hey there,

I usually have one of the following:

-Oatmeal, a few almonds, 1 tsp Udo's oil (Flaxseed, evening primrose oils) a small prune

Protein shake blened with ice and berries (I sometimes add a 1/3 of a banana which is not authorized food but the chocolate banana blend is really tasty!)

-3-4 Egg white omelet with a few sauteed tomatoes, red peppers, onion, mushroom & spices

Dry toast

Good luck on your journey!

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same."  ~Carlos Castaneda

• I typically have 1/2 cup of oatmeal and a baked chicken *** or raisin bran with skim milk. On my off day I will have 2 strips of turkey bacon with 2 eggs (scrambled or hard boiled)

• I do not have a whole baked chicken, I guess the site bleeped out the part of the chicken I am having. LOL.

• Three egg whites and a piece of wheat toast.

But wow, Jacium... the fiber one warmed with blueberrys sounds wonderful!

• I usually eat scrambled egg whites with a little eggbeaters mixed in to up the protein and to give them some color. I sometimes melt one slice of lowfat cheese over. On the side I saute a portion of plain diced potatoes in a little Pam with no-salt seasoning. It stokes the furnace for me and it's delicious.

• micro 1/2 cup (dry) oatmeal then stir in 1 scoop EAS chocolate protein powder...I love it!

• When I have time, I have 3/4 cup (dry) Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oatmeal (cook in the microwave) and 3 egg whites via boiled egg.

If I don't have time, I grab a Myoplex Lite RTDs (Ready-to-Drink Shake) and drink it on the way to work.  By the time I get to work, it's time for meal #2. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• 6 servings of Egg substitute and 1 serving oatmeal. I add salsa if I need more flavor.

I cook my eggs in the microwave using one of these.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• oatmeal junk food????  Nonsense!  It's incredibly healthy!  I have 1/2 cup of oatmeal every morning.   For protein I either mix my oatmeal with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a packet of splenda (this makes it taste like cocco wheats) or I mix 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in with the oatmeal.  I have mixed my oatmeal up with egg white and a splash of hot sauce (YUMMY!).  However my day always starts with oatmeal! :)

• As long as you are eating plain oatmeal (the kind you need to scoop out of the container) and not the pre-packaged type with all the flavoring and added sugar, it should be ok and not considered "junk food."  I've also heard that it is not a good idea to eat the quick oat type but I'm not sure why.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!