When to eat after weight training

• Hi gang,

This is my 3rd Day and worked my lower body.  When are you supposed to eat after weights?  Some say immediately but thought the BFL says to wait awhile.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  I always thought you should consume some protein after weight training.

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same."  ~Carlos Castaneda

• Within 30 minutes of weight training....wait 1 hour after cardio.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks, Champster!  :-)  I have the BFL book and have read through it but there are some parts I need to review some more.  Thanks again, Susan

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same."  ~Carlos Castaneda

• Your body will absorb the protein and nutrients it needs to build muscle when you take in the shake directly following weight training.  The muscle is primed and ready at that time.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks again for great advice Champster.  Authorized foods lists shrimp but not scallops.  I was wondering if anyone knows why?    Thank you.