Cottage cheese?

• OH man this does not make me a happy camper!!!  The yoplait Fat Free Light yogurt has 20 g of carbs, but 15 of them are from sugar!!!!  The Light and Fit yogurt tasted horrible.  hmmmm looks like its back to reading those labels again!!!

KellynCA

Failure is not an option!

• Another great option is Greek Yogurt.  CHOBANI has single serving sizes with different flavors like peach, blueberry, vanilla, and strawberry.  They tend to have more protein and less carbs than other yogurts.  These are 6oz. servings with 0gm fat, 20gm carbs, 14gm protein.  Then I add a tablespoon of my low carb vanilla protein powder to it and mix it up.  A tbsp of my low carb protein has 5gms protein and 1/2 gm carb.  So that gets me closer to the 20gms of protein and 20 of carb, that I aim for.  THESE ARE SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS!!  

In Virginia, they sell a 12 pack of them at COSTCO (a wholesale store) for $11.49.  

Also, the protein is casein, just like in cottage cheese, and is the type we want before bed because of the slow digestion and assimilation.  

Just a suggestion!  Julie (in VA)

• Cottage cheese was an acquired taste.  Now I eat it everyday with a no fat fruit yogurt and half  a banana.

• Cottage cheese is one of the few foods that has the complete amino chain.

Good to know.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Would this be a complete meal or would you add another protein source to this?

• BluesKat - would this be a complete meal, the twice baked potato, or would you add another protein source?

• If you don't like curds in your cottage cheese, friendship has a whipped variety 1 percent which tastes much better - more like ricotta. I used to hate cottage cheese until I found this variety.  I od'd on it a little at the beginning so have taken 2 wkd off from it but like it with fruit or mixed w salsa when you don't want someth sweet.

• I tried the Yoplait Greek yougurt this week (fruit on the bottom)...not my cup of tea(yuck)... I really like the organic  Dannon Greek yougurt w/ organic fruit much better and I'm going back to it next week.

• I tried the Yoplait Greek yogurt this week (fruit on the bottom)...not my cup of tea(yuck)... I really like the organic  Dannon Greek yogurt w/ organic fruit much better and I'm going back to it next week.

• I get Dean's Fat Free Cottage Cheese.  It's the only FF brand that I like.  I put cottage cheese in my plain oatmeal.  I know it sounds horrible but it's actually very good.  CC & fruit, CC and ff yogurt, cc on a baked potato.  I couldn't live without cottage cheese!