recipe for protein shakes

• I found a reference to shake on this site that is like an orange julius. But when I follow the link, I end up on a page that doesn't have that info.

Does anybody have that recipe (or one that's good?)

Thanks.

Pat

Exercising, eating right are hard. Being fat, out-of-shape and unhealthy is hard.

Pick your HARD! 

• Hi Pat,

this one's out of the Eating for Life book, not sure on all the carbs/protein but it looks heavy on the carbs with the extra orange in there...and not sure about the soda...

"Sparkling Orange"

12 oz diet orange soda, 6 oz light/fat free orange-flavored yogurt, 1 scoop (24g protein) vanilla protein powder, 1/2 orange peeled, 6 ice cubes.

Soda into blender, add yogurt and protein powder, blend medium for 15 seconds. Add peeled orange, blend another 30 seconds, add ice cubes and blend on high for 30 seconds til smooth.

This sounds kinda tasty, might have to try it myself!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks, DebbieMO,

I tried my first shake this morning, and it may be my LAST! That protein powder is NASTY! Tasted like mixing up a cool fruity drink and stirring flour into it. Gritty and grainy. I dumped it and opted for an egg and turkey sausage.

What brand do you use? mine is a soy based product I got at wal mart...

Pat

Exercising, eating right are hard. Being fat, out-of-shape and unhealthy is hard.

Pick your HARD! 

• Pat, Sorry it didn't turn out! Sometimes the brand makes a difference and I use the Whey shakes.

I get the Myolplex Lite pkts from online then use either EAS whey or Body Fortress brands. Do you have to use soy? If not, I would try the whey protein...

Hope you find something that works for you!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...