Rice Bowl

• Jack-in-the-Box teriaki chicken rice bowl.  I screwed up my meal planning and was really hungry today after a long day.  Yay or nay on the rice bowl in a "break glass in case of emergency" situation?????

I dug around in it and it was made of rice, broccoli, carrot slices (not many) and chicken.  Teriaki was light relative to the size of the bowl's contents.

• Definitely something to avoid.

• AW,

I hate to be the one to tell you ...but...the BFL police are coming to arrest you !

just kidding...lol

Jack-in-the-Box, at least where I live, is nice and honest enough to post the caloric content of their food right on the menu board. Most fast food is high calorie.

Through the powers of the internet here is what you consumed:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 bowl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 580 Calories from Fat 50

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 5g 8%

Saturated Fat  1g 5%

Cholesterol 35mg 12%

Sodium 1460mg 61%

Potassium 310mg 9%

Total Carbohydrate 106g 35%

Dietary Fiber  4g 16%

Sugars  35g

Protein 26g 52%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat 7.8%     Carbs 73.1%  

Protein 17.9%

Notice the Carbs?    white rice=carb

Just put this meal behind you.....we learn as we go!

Squats

• Oh crap! Why would they put all that into an innocent rice bowl??? For Pete's sake!  OK, next time I will just go hungry until I can get home and make a proper meal.  Sheesh!  Thanks for doing the quickie research that I should've done!!!!!

• Holy cow!  106 carbs?  35g sugar?  Lord that makes me want to cry!  

I carry some protein bars in my purse and in the glove box of my car for emergencies.  I had to learn that the hard way.  Or find a Subway.  

• look at the sodium!  yowza!  you could also keep some bars handy for times like these...

• AW,

What's done is done.  Move forward and focus on making the remainder of your day clean eats.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory