Prepared foods

• What prepared/frozen foods are BFL approved?  I can't cook all of my meals and snacks, so sometimes I just want to grab a frozen meal of some sort and eat that for lunch/dinner.  For instance, I have been eating 1 lean pocket and a side salad with low fat dressing for lunch sometimes.  Anyone have any other suggestions? 

• Make your own frozen meals, it is not as hard as you think and only takes some extra time once a week or less depending how much you make.

The bread in lean pockets is not whole wheat and therefore not authorized, but you can make your own BFL pockets.

--- Kitty

• Cook up some chicken tenderloins, thin steak strips or get cans of tuna to have on hand (or all of 'em)

Have whole wheat pita pockets, tortillas ot thinwiches (have fresh, store extra in freezer)

Use you salad fixins to stuff in and vwallaaaaa- instant meal!

Squats

• A great tip I was taught when I was introduced to BFL years ago was "cooking in bulk". When I barb-que chicken breasts or burgers  I always do at least a dozen at a time......sometimes even 15-20. The next day I use ziploc baggies and freeze the rest so I can grab them quick during the week. I also cook protein pancakes in bulk.....again at lesat a dozen at a time and freeze those too. If you do this once every 7-10 days you will always have easy access to a good source of protein. Carbs are much easier to find but it's the protein that takes more planning. Hope this helps.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"