Does anyone eat lower carbs on Non weight training days?

• Today is my cardio day. I eat less carbs on these days. Does anyone else?

• Why would you? Your portions should be the same every day.

• Because I am prone to overeating them and I take Blood pressure meds.

Trying to ensure I do not retain excess water and only use the carbs for weight training...

the carbs I do eat though are still quality. I ate a huge and lovely Vietnamese style salad with loads of fresh mixed greens, a touch of rice noodles( I have celiac disease) about 4 ounces of beef, cilantro, fresh beans sprouts and cucumber...

I need my weight down quickly and safely to get off meds...also family history of diabetes. I work in the medical field and I am trying to be smart.

• I think more important than eating less carbs on cardio day, is to make sure have your last meal at least a couple of hours before cardio so you're doing it in a "fasted state" without food in your stomach.  If your cardio is first thing in the morning, then you're already in a good place because you're stomach is empty. If you do afternoon or evening cardio like me, just make sure you haven't eaten anything 2-3 hrs before cardio time for best results.  Does that make sense?

Mike

• that's why I do....this morning I had a carb advantage bar at 6 am...my treadmill cardio started at 9:15

• I think that's perfectly fine!  You're in a fasted state by the time you do cardio at 9:15.

• Alex: I too work in healthcare and am surrounded daily by RN's, Doctors and Visiting Professionals - incuding a dietician. It's been 24 years actually. Did it help me? NO! lol. In fact there are many "healthcare" workers in our facilty obese and very out of shape. We know the stuff boy, but not many of us are willing to do the work. I have been there done that with food phases and workouts.

BFL is the way to go in all aspects.

By working in the medical field, you probably already know that losing more that a couple pounds a week can be detrimental to your health and would only be water weight and perhaps lean muscle. The only way to lose weight, and stay successful at it is to build up some lean muscle and get that furnace going again. What do you mean you need to get your weight down "quickly"?

You will have to be the judge of your moods and fatigue levels if you are cutting back on your carbs. For me, they are my fire and energy to get me through my day. My protein keeps me feeling full and comfortable. Bread is a trigger for me, so I avoid it - but not all carbs make me want to overeat. Hopefully you will be able to experiment with other carbs to get that energy your body needs to build and repair. Maybe beans would be okay.....

• I have lots of different beans. Black, Ceci, Cannellini. I use those too.

Not trying to rush, just need to keep BP in check and if  I eat to many starchy carbs for, I retain water which raises my BP. It's "knowing your body thing".

REALLY want off meds...

I am eating lots of green leafies, mushrooms and colored peppers and fresh veggies..NOT skimping on those!

I  majored in Dietetics in school. I keep my carbs to 100 per day, just getting them mostly from non-starch

• also eating green papaya, bean sprouts, broccoli slaw, cabbage...

• Alexandra:

You might want to revisit some choices - you will wear out fast!

Take care.

• I thought my list of foods was eminently reasonable. quality  veggies, lean proteins, few condiments, little fat...

I'm sure I must be getting 20 carbs per meal...

I'm confused...

20 carbs per  meal comes out to 5 meals...I cannot do 6. I go to bed about 10...