Coffee

• Can I have it? and How??

Stacy Lynn

• I thoroughly enjoy my couple cups every morning. I know the BFL book tells you to drink extra water when drinking coffee but I don't worry about it. I drink enough water during the day and I like keeping things simple. Oh....when I drink coffee it is only with skim milk. Hope this helps.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Ummmmmmm, coffee -

I have read several posts about it and this is what some are doing:

I buy a low acid coffee at Trader Joe's (natural food store).

Most posts say just one cup of coffee w/ a dash of 1% milk for creamer.

I found a sugar free creamer because I like flavored creamer.

I monitor my weight loss and I am consistently losing weight and meeting my objectives.

But, remember, we are all different and respond differently, so, when experimenting with some of the suggestions in this forum, you need to monitor your progress weekly and make sure you are going upward and onward - and make adjustments as needed.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• questiono regarding water. my doctor told me that its not necessary to drink 8-10oz glass of water. he said once your urnie is clear you had enought, unless you are thristy. any thoughts? i personlly hate hate water, i drink the fruit 2o it does have a little sodium. sometimes I drink water with a sprinkle of sugar free hawiian punch lemonberry, just enough to give it a tastem there is no sodium in it.

• From experience I can tell you that water....and lots of it have so many benefits. First off it really cleanses your system and helps digestion. If you wait until you are thirsy you are already entering the de-hydration zone. Your muscles are 70% water and they need to well hydrated. Water is so good for your skin. It keeps your skin smooth and tight. When you read the BFL book along with other bodybuilding info they all strongly recommend lots and lots of water.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Okay, I am a coffee JUNKIE. I love love love coffee, and there are several things I do to make up for the lattes and cappuccinos, etc., I miss out on.

1) Coffee, plain, black (duh, right?)

2) coffee w/ a splash of sugar-free soy milk

3) coffee protein shake (chilled coffee, splash sf soy milk, 1/2 packet stevia, 1 scoop vanilla protein)

4) occasional Caffe Americano from Starbucks (coffee and espresso mixed, no flavor or milk, except what you add)

To any plain coffee it helps to add a little drop of real vanilla, almond, orange, (etc) extract. No calories, fat, sugar, nada. I like to add a teaspoon or so of vanilla to my morning pot of coffee and it really smooths it out.

There are other BFLers that use fat free half and half, sugar-free creamer, etc., but that stuff gives me belly aches and I like to stay w/ the natural foods whenever possible, but that's just me! To each their own... :)

Hope this helps

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• I have been getting my coffee fix lately by mixing a packet of the Starbucks Via (their "instant" coffee packs, which are quite yummy) into my vanilla protein shake. Add water and a little ice and voila, instant "frapacinno". You don't even need to disolve the packet before you add it. I just pour the packet in and blend with the rest.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Coffee every morning for me, I still add skim milk and count it towards my carbs for the meal.