Healthy Fats/Fish Oil question

• Okay by week 10 (almost week 11) you would think I’d have this figured out.  LOL! :)

I take Fish Oil capsules.  One 1200 mg capsules twice a day.   If I am going to eat an approved healthy fat that day should I still take the fish oil?   For example….if I am going to put sunflower seeds on my salad or salmon for dinner should I still take the fish oil that day?    Or should I only take it on days where I am having no healthy fats in my food.

• Heather. read this page:

helpguide.org/.../healthy_diet_fats.htm

• Thanks Armster!  Lots of info there!  So I’m gathering that my supplement is too much.  I need to cut down to one capsule a day and I’ll look for a lower dose too.  It says 500mg is sufficient.  Funny the bottle I have says to take 2 capsules twice a day.  That would be    I’m also gathering that nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds) are a different type of omega-3 than fish oil so it should be fine to have them all.   I just feel so much better when I have some nuts with a few meals.  I feel more satisfied and not so anxious to eat again.  I just want to make sure it’s not too much.   I’ll have 5 or 6 almonds with my cottage cheese and apple.   Or a pinch of sunflower seeds on my salad and it seems to make a big difference in hunger for me.

• Yeah, I've read that page several times as a refresher because I eat a lot of Tuna fish and Tilapia  and use olive oil once a week.  i want to make sure I don't cross the fine line.

• Thanks for posting that Armster,  I'll book mark that page.

• NP Burn.  It's a good resource for sure.

• Armster - what is your opinion (for me, at this stage) to drop Fish Oil and continue with CLA. At present I am taking 2000mg of Omega 3 Fish Oil and 4000mg of CLA daily.

• legs - how many pills a day of CLA is 4000mg?

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• The bottle I have, each capsule is 1000mg. It tells me to take 2 - 2x a day.

• Actually - it says take 1-2 capsules 3x a day - so that is why I am taking 2 - 2x a day.

• oh ok, that's what mine is too. (1000mg) but mine says to take 2 2x a day. I was taking 2 3x a day but then i realized i should probably follow the directions. i dont take fish oil though because i am allergic to it - do you think i should take 6 cla's a day?

how do you know it's 1000mg a pil? mine says 1000mg on the front but doesnt say why....

• Read the label therese - the tiny writing. Im sure yours is 1000mg too. The teeny tiny - I - need - glasses - writing explains what is in each capsule.

I am not even close to understanding doses on this stuff. Hopefully Armster will chime in or someone more familiar with the stuff. :)

• found it! thanks. it is 1000 a cap

• My knowledge of CLA is very limited as I don't, nor have I ever taken it.  Couple of helpful links here though:

www.alive.com/1179a4a2.php

ezinearticles.com

• I read in YOU on a Diet (Oz) that eating a healthy fat like 70 calories of walnuts 20 minutes before eating a meal will help keep you satified and from overheating.  I probably won't get this right, but here goes.  There is a 'valve' at the bottom of the stomach that when it senses fat, it closes.  That way food stays in your stomach longer so you feel fuller.  Same thing happens in the intestines with protein and fiber.

That always reminds me to eat my oatmeal and protein powder in the morning to help in the afternoon.  And eating 6 walnuts just before a meal that I'm just starving for, keeps me in check.