Egg yolks...yes or no

• I am eating super clean 6 days a week but want to know will eating the whole egg versus just egg whites effect me in a bad way?

• I eat whole eggs when I eat eggs so go ahead. There are alot of nutrients in the yoke and I like the flavour. Nutritionist are telling people now to eat the yoke. I think we are over reacting about the cholesterol thing unless it is extremely high should be a problem with this program. My 2 cents.

• The yolks are very high in calories and the whites are very low in contrast.... many of the eating for life recipes use a couple egg yolks combined with some egg whites. I would try eat egg whites in favour of the whole egg just to make sure you are not eating too many calories...! For example, 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites instead of 5 whole eggs.

• The yolk has the most important nutrients, while the whites have 1/2 the protein, though nothing else.  The fat in the yolk helps the overall protein better build muscles, because it slows the process of absorption.  That being said, I would not do a 1:1 ratio, as in all whole eggs, but I also wouldn't do all whites.  I usually do 2 yolks with 2 more whites, or 1 yolk with 4 whites.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I get the omega 3 eggs which gives me a little more omega 3.

Egg whites have 3 grams of protein: 12 calories

Egg yolks have 3 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, vitamins and minerals.

Some people take lecithin as a health supplement.  I beleive this word means egg yolks in latin or greek.  

Egg yolks won't affect you in a bad way.  We do need fat in our diets.  Dietary cholesterol has little or no effect on you internal cholesterol levels so this is not a good reason to avoid.  

• Body for Life just sent me their weekly news letter the other day and it was all about eggs. They are a good source of protein at about 6 grams per egg and the yolks are either the only food or one of the only foods that contain vitamin D. I eat two boiled eggs for breakfast most every day.

• This a great question. Before starting, I had a physical and discovered my cholesterol (159- target 130) was high. Therefor, I have switched to Luceren Best of the Egg. I am not sure this is best choice, but at least I am still getting the protein from the eggs. Although, there is certainly a sacrifice in taste. On the other-hand, it is much quicker to prep because I just have to poor it out of a carton.  

• I eat the whole egg for 2 reasons.  1 - it is full of everything you need in your meal plan and 2 - why waste money throwing away the yolk?

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• whats consider a portion for eggs. I am a female I eat 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. is that enough?

• this has nothing to do with eggs but I need to know if almonds are allowed. I sometimes like to take a handful with me to school for a quick snack. not sure if I should eat something else with it or not.  alos concerning yogurt, I know its considered a carb but what about greek yogart