Bodyforlife Protein Pancakes - what size is your portion?

• Hi everyone,

I have being making the recipe for protein pancakes on this website. I have been eating the whole portion assuming it right, but then I discovered that that equates to like 500 calories! Because the protein and carbs are all mixed in one how do you measure the two fist fulls? 

I think that I'm eating too many pancakes. How many do other people eat and how do you tell how many is the right portion size for you????

Galina

• I was always concerned with that as well.  What i do is make 4 batches of the recipe on Sunday and make 12 pancakes out of the batter.  Then i have two pancakes for each of the six days.  This seemed like a more reasonable portion for me.  Hope this helps.

Rachel

• Hi Rachel, thanks it's good to know I'm not the only one with this kind of concern...! I'm trying out different variations of the recipe at the moment to try and reduce the calories.... So far I've had some success with making the recipe minus one egg yolk. Do you re-heat the pancakes each day or eat them cold, and how do they taste not freshly made?

• I reheat them in the microwave when possible.  I love them.  On my free day i make a sandwich with them,  almond butter and simply fruit jelly.

Rachel

• Can someone give me a receipt for this. i would like to try it. Thanks

• I just use aunt jemima pancake mix. 45g is 150 cal and 33g carb. Just fit it into your daily totals

• The recipe is on this website, but here it are the ingredients for one serving:

2 eggs and one egg white, mixed together

1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal

1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

1/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt or plain Greek yogurt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 packet Splenda®

1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar-free jam

Cooking spray