Fist time eating out

• We went to Golden Corral last night and it was NOT my free day. I was nervous that I wouldnt be able to eat right. But I started at the salad bar which is my favorite place anyway. I got a BIG pile of romaine lettuce, about a tbsp of shredded cheese, a drizzle of caesar dressing (literally  a drizzle) and then about a tsp of those delicious crunchy noodles. Then I got a portion of the pot roast (just the meat) and 1 enchilada ( had a corn tortilla). I stayed away from pastas and anything refined or with white flour. Then when I went back for seconds I got the same thing: salad, a smaller portion of pot roast but replaced the enchilada with steamed broccoli instead. I didnt have to get seconds but it was so good and I still stayed within my range of calories that Im trying to follow and I woke up this morning and I weighed about the same as before.  I was so excited to be able to go out and still eat!! I just had to share this! And of course this morning I hit my high points in cardio kickboxing!

• Way to go! It's so easy to just stuff yourself and say, "oh, I'll just climb back on board tomorrow". This has been my biggest downfall in the past. Problem is, tomorrow never comes and before I know it I'm back to eating junk every day. My strategy this time around is to suggest restaurants that I know have healthy choices, and if I do have to give in and go somewhere like Taco Bell because that's what everyone else wants, I order the best thing possible and have a small portion of it. Mainly we try to eat at home most of the time and pack healthy meals for work. Saves lots of money, too!

• FAST FOOD PLACES SUCK!!  Tell us how you really feel Squid....lol.  Ok, every place you go to, even fast food has a healthy(kinda) choice.  Even Taco Bell....lol.  Just watch how much you eat when going out, cause they make look healthy, and taste yummy, lots of their products that they serve are proccesed and are over loaded with sodium.  Always ask for dressing on the side.  But anyone can go out to eat, even if it's not their day off, just be wise about your food choices when ya do.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM