advice pls on meals/ day 1 of rejoining

• I just re-started challenge today and can use some advise.  I made really strong attempts before, but got discouraged too early and did not finish.  I want to analyse what I THINk is a good menu and get some input if I should change.

B: 1/2 cup LF cottage cheese + 100cal whole wheat bagel thin+ tomato or cucumbers (7:30 AM after finishing workout @ 6:40 AM)(water after workout

MID MORN: EAS RTD carb control (lean & Tone) (10:30 AM)

LUNCH: Tofurkey (tofu fake deli)..100c/high protein/on the low side of sodium +100c whole wheat sandwich thin+salad+water (1:45PM)

LATE AFTERNOON- another EAS RTD (usually around 3:00 on my drive home fm work)

DINNER- either chicken or fish (including salmon)..assume 4 oz.?...+ small sweet potato/ or couscous( 1/2 c?) + salad or cooked veggies (6:00pm)

LATE EVENING - apple + lite cheese? (dont know if this is ok?)

My questions are #1. if I workout on an empty stomach in the AM and eat bkft 45 minutes later am I defeating myself by not having the RTD after the workout?  I see it much more as a snack and find the cottage ch and bread most satisfying..but I would love advice.

#2 is lite cheese or as a protein?...if not I guess I could do more cott ch or yogurt..even though I enjoy the variety of having some hard cheese.

Any advise would be welcomed.  

Thanks,

Shelley

• Also another lunch opinion I have is  VEGGIE BURGER + whole wheat sand thin + salad

• If you like oatmeal, I'd rather see that after your workout with the LF cottage cheese than the bagel.  It should stay with you longer and it's better for you.  I would avoid the lite cheese.  Maybe some Almonds or more LF cottage cheese instead?  I would also suggest the Myoplex Lite RTD's or add a piece of fruit to the carb control shakes.  You want a carb with every meal/snack.  Overall, looks pretty good though.  Be sure to eat enough and get a carb and protein with each meal.  Portion sizes over calories, and just about any natural carb over bread and bagels for best results.

You can do this, good luck!

• My suggestion would be to cut out all breads- I know it's tough- but on your free day you can treat yourself- but bread (and potatoes in my experience) tend to slow progress down.  When I felt like my progress was stagnant I switched out bread and potatoes for quinoa (better for you than rice) and sliced apples with a tbsp of natural pb.  

Here's what I'd do:

B: 1/2 cup LF cottage cheese + <<with 1/2 cup pineapples>>  (7:30 AM after finishing workout @ 6:40 AM)(water after workout

MID MORN: EAS RTD carb control (lean & Tone) (10:30 AM)

LUNCH: Tofurkey (tofu fake deli)..100c/high protein/on the low side of sodium <<1 scoop jellied cranberry mixed with handful of almonds and small salad with vinegar and oil dressing>>>  (1:45PM)

LATE AFTERNOON- <<<Plain Greek Yogurt with drizzle of honey>> (I try to only have 1 shake a day- I heard they could be high in fat)

DINNER- either chicken or fish (including salmon)..assume 4 oz.?...+ small sweet potato/ or couscous( 1/2 c?) + salad or cooked veggies (6:00pm)  <<Perfect!  But try not to consume too many starchy carbs in a week>>

LATE EVENING - apple + <<<cottage cheese>>>

I stay away from cheese.  It's my high risk crave item, lol.  I save it for the free days.  

I hope this helps!  

You have a great start though!  

• Sweet potato's are actually great.  I don't think Idaho's are bad either.  Bake them and don't go near the normal "fixings" that most people dress up potato's with.  They're easy to portion (find one the size of your fist) and you're good to go.

I would avoid anything "jellied" and if you use pineapple you want to be sure it's either fresh or packed in water.  Honey is another sweetener that is wonderful, but very difficult to portion - I would save it for free day.

• Turn your MID-MORNING, MID-AFTERNOON and LATE EVENING into a protein shake.  I'll mix a scoop (30 grams) of protein with about 4 - 5 oz of water to take a shot.  It will make your meal planning much easier.

• To change up how you eat some of your foods like Sweet Potatoes and keep food interesting try experimenting with cooking techniques. I get bored with health food really easily and do better when I start getting creative. Since it is summer time I LOVE to grill sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil. I also go crazy with cheese and will just keep slicing more and more. To get my fix and watch my portions I buy low-fat string cheese. Pre-portioned and I don't have to think about it.

Somewhere he is out there training while I am not, and when we meet, he will win.” - Tim Tebow