Whole eggs ok?

• I've been taking whole eggs, about 1 to 2 a day rather than the egg whites recommended. Used to eating whole eggs and my cholesterol levels are good. Don;t know what to do with the egg yolks if I don;t eat them!

Can anyone tell me if this is ok? Will it affect the results of the program?

Wee Nee

• The cholesterol debate of whole vs whites :)  

That's not what is at work here, no it is the fat content.  Egg whites are empty of fat while a whole large egg carries about 5g of with 2g suggested as saturated.  

So, over the course of a week if you eat 12 whole eggsthat is 60g of fat as opposed to 30g if you do the standard 3 or 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg.  Or, look at it as 360 g of fat over the course of the program............

I toss my egg yolk.  If you have an issue with that, then buy Egg Creations or one of those mixes.

• We used to give our egg yokes to our pets as a treat, they loved it!

I usually use 1 egg and add egg whites you buy in a carton - no yoke to throw away!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Wee Nee I have 1 whole egg and 5 egg whites for one serving of protein.  

Eating 2 whole eggs only gives you 13 grams protein and that's simply not enough.   I would say no more than 2 yolks per day and that will also be your fat intake for the day as well.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Wee Nee.

I use egg yolks as facial masks. Exfoliate with warm water and  sugar to scrub dirt out, and then slather on egg yolk, let it dry on your face until it looks like shiny plastic, then rinse it off. It leaves your skin feeling totally smooth and fresh.

Sounds funny, but works like a charm.

Stacy Lynn

• Great tip Stacy815! I'm gonna try it!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Thanks so much everyone! Will definitely take your advice of using as mask n upping my protein using other source.

Wee Nee