Fruit

• I'm starting the challenge tomorrow 3/25.  I noticed the fruit listed on the food list is pretty small and was wondering why watermelon and cantaloupe aren't allowed

•  Hi  Jill;,

Iam starting my challenge tomorrow the 25th as well, this is my 2nd. watermnelon and caqntaloupre arent on the list because they contain too much sugar.  good luck

• Where did you see that they have too much sugar? In my BFL book, melon is on the list. Canteloupes and watermelons are melons. They don't specifically rule out any fruits either as far as I know...I was wondering about pineapple.

• I've been wondering the same thing, as I am eating a pear right now!

• it's on the food list so you can eat them :)

Kim

• Melon IS on the list here on the site, I just checked. According to the book pretty much every type of fruit is acceptable. You can research glycemic indexes and glycemic loads online to see how different fruits impact your body. If you're worried about sugar intake, have a smaller portion (e.g. a couple orange sections on a salad, or 1/2 banana in a smoothie). I ate a LOT of berries and pineapple on my Challenge, berries being low in sugar but high in nutrients and antioxidants, and pineapple because it contains the enzyme Bromelain which is anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, anti-coagulant, and lots of other good things. If you're worried about justifying something, do some homework online, there are a lot of good resources out there.