Are hash browns a healthy carb?

• I've been doing BFL for fourteen months now and this morning, I'm at my parents place and I started cooking egg beaters and when I went to put the carton back in the fridge I noticed a covered plate of left over hash browns. My mom cooks them and while still hot she puts some grated cheddar on them. I figured since I'm not doing a challenge right now that there'd be no harm in having some for breakfast.

Lately I've been getting kind of bored with oatmeal, fruit and whole wheat toast with my eggs/egg beaters. Would hash browns be an acceptable carb to put in the breakfast rotation?

• Hmmm..  since potatoes are on the complex carb list they are ok.  I still don't eat "white" potatoes though.  However, how does your mom prepare the hashbrowns?  In my experience, hashbrowns are cooked in a skillet with oil.  Does she use healthy oil?  

If you are bored with your breakfast, how about making egg white quiche?  You can put all kinds of veggies in it!

Also...  you could bake a sweet potato and put cinnamon on it for a sweater breakfast carb.

:)  Kerry
    2012 Body-for-Life Champion, Women's 30-45

• Depending on how those potatoes were "browned" I would say no to hash browns.  Can't say that I've ever run across healthy hash browns.  At the end of the day, it's up to you, and it probably really depends on where you are - happy with your weight / fitness level, or feel like you have work to do.  I try to avoid the slippery slope!  <g>