Week 3 Cravings and Portion question!!

• Hi all!

I'm at Day 18 here and am starting to think more about my portions.  I've been super hungry between meals lately, which I didn't experience at first.  I have also been craving sweets more than I recall.  I eat my meals around the same times daily:

5:15-workout

6:30-1/2 C oatmeal w/1 T craisins and stevia + 2 egg whites and 2 eggs, black coffee

9:30-1/2 Cottage Cheese w/ 1/2 C blueberries

12:30-depends, but usually balanced protein with carb + carrots, occasional low fat string cheese

3:15-greek yogurt + v8+ 1/4 C dry roasted unsalted almonds

5:30/6:00-depends, balanced + veggie salad with avocado and homemade vinegarette

8ish-protein pudding made with sf pudding, protein powder and skim milk

I'm thinking I"m eating enough and I just need to accept that, but I also think I could be eating more at 9:30 and 3:15.  Thoughts??! 

• Hmmm...For me, the sweet cravings come and go. I also have days where I'm more hungry than others. I would suggest adding more veggies throughout the day. When I have greek yogurt, I usually add a whole grain cereal for my carb. As far as cottage cheese goes, I would try having 3/4 cup, and see if it helps, it is pretty low in calories.

Melissa

2012 Body-for-LIFE Champion, Women 18-29

• What are your goals?  What kind of workouts are you doing?

Brian

2012 Body-for-LIFE Champion, Mens 30-45

Brian

2012 Body-for-LIFE Champion, Mens 30-45

• Just because you are eating the right PORTION sizes does not mean you are eating enough calories for your body.  Have you checked your caloric intake against your caloric needs?  I used a calorie tracking program to make sure I got enough calories each day.  That helped with the hunger for me.

As for your sweet tooth...  1-2 times a week, my last meal consists of half an apple and 2tbsp of PB2 (chocolate flavor of course).

:)  Kerry
    2012 Body-for-Life Champion, Women's 30-45

• I would say to increase your portions just slightly, maybe for the 1st 3 meals of the day, and see if that helps.  I struggle with this all the time.  When I am trying to lean out I tend to be extra careful, workout harder and then feel hungry ALL the time, and feel guilty that I ate too much.  I find the more intense my workouts, the more tired I feel after (literally wiped out) and so then I crave carbs like crazy.  I have been dealing with this for so long that have finally realized that I NEED to incorporate good carbs (oats, sweet potato, brown rice etc.) before and after, and if I don't, I crave sugar.    I hope this helps....

• I'm pretty new with this, but I'm finding out that meat proteins (chicken breast, lean turkey, lean beef) are great when it comes to filling. If you buy lean turkey patties and make them the night before (Italian seasonings, salt and pepper or anything) and just eat that with some baby carrots, and roasted yam rounds (Take a yam peal it, slice it into 1/2", add 1 tbsp EVOO and some Old Bay seasonings. in the oven at 400 degrees, cook until soft (20 mins). that should be a good 3:00 meal for you.

"We must all make the choice between what is right and what is easy" -Dumbledore

• First, don't give up ohlesskoh! Perfection is not possible. Unless you are vegetarian, I also think you should eat more lean meats like turkey burgers and/or portion sized chicken and lean steak.

• Yum!  Yam rounds sound good! Thanks!

• My goals are to get down to 17% bf.  I was at 20% before.  I've been doing the workouts per the book and do reach 9/10's on both cardio and weights.  

• Thanks xanaduyas!  I haven't been tracking calories, which is different to me in comparison to other "diets" I've tried in the past.  I did wonder if I was consuming enough calories but I've been trying to stay with the recommended portion method in the book.  Should I start tracking my calories too?  Thanks!