Suggestions for meals 2 & 4

• I know how to eat the BFL way (balance of protein/complex carbs)...I've eaten similarly before.  I've got a pretty good idea about what I will eat during my "traditional" mealtimes, but having a hard time deciding on meals 2 & 4. What are you planning to eat?

• I generally have either a protein shake or cottage cheese with a piece of fruit.  Sometimes I'll add veggies in there too, or just in place of the fruit. For example, today I'm having a protein shake and an apple for meal 2, and 1/2 C low fat cottage cheese and a banana for meal 4.  Often I'll have the cottage cheese with carrots and celery instead of fruit since I try to keep my fruit consumption low (too much sugar).

Hope that helps a bit!

• I do exactly what Laura is doing.  

• Thanks for the feedback. I'm not really crazy about protein shakes or cottage cheese (unless its in a salad), so it has been tough planning. I'm limiting fruit unless its a lower GI (like berries). I may have to try the cottage cheese mixture because so many use it. I'm not really having a hard time making the right food choices, but balancing the amount of carb/protein for what I think of as smaller meals.

• A lot of people I know will also mix yogurt with cottage cheese (half yogurt and half cottage cheese), but you have to be really careful with the yogurts that are on the shelves in the grocery stores out there.  A lot of them are full of sugar and/or artificial sweeteners.  (Not sure if this is what you are referring to when you say "the cottage cheese mixture" or not.)  Fruit is much better option than yogurt, in my opinion, as it is natural and does not contain the extra processed sugars that are in a lot of yogurts.

• I love the Fage Greek yogurts, zero fat with fruit. They are kind of high in sugar, but the sugar isn't throwing me off craving wise. I eat cottage cheese with apple butter or mix it with lite yogurt to flavor it. I also eat rice cake with PB and banana - not high in protein but it satisfies me until the next meal. Cheese stick and an apple or other fruit is easy to bring along. You might want to spend some time looking at the Greek and Swiss yogurts in the yogurt aisle and figure out a way to have a plainer one with fruit to avoid the sugars. Another easy snack is rolled up turkey and cheese. Make little rolls with a toothpick or wrap in foil, and then add in a carb like fruit, Kashi crispbread, or ww crackers.

• You could also hard boil some eggs at the beginning of the week to have for mid meal protein and add it to any fruit that you like.  

• I like 8oz of fat free plain chobani, its high protein low carb, with  a few or handful of frozen blueberries and if i absolutely have to... a splash of stevia :) my favorite meal of the day.