Food Allergies!

• I'm a Body-4-Lifer for the last 10 years.  I truly believe in the program but recently have been diagnosed with several food allergies:  wheat; dairy; egg and soy.  What are options for the EAS Shakes? Bars? Not to mention a quick egg or cottage cheese snack.  Any ideas?

• I'm gluten and dairy free, I use Heartland Gold sprouted brown rice protein powder. It is a complete protein because it has been sprouted. It is also a good source of iron.

I add it to apple juice for a protein shake. It's a bit grainy, but I got used to it, and has a mild flavor. There are other brands out there that I haven't tried yet, but as long as it is *sprouted* brown rice protein powder it will be a complete protein.

The trick is to shake it up and drink it right away, the longer it sits when it is made up, the more grainier it gets

Heartland Gold sprouted brown rice protein powder has the following Nutritional value:

Per 1 scoop(20g)

Calories  - 80

Fat  - 0.4g

Carbohydrate - 3 g (of which is 2 g of fiber)

Protein - 16 g

Iron - 40% daily intake

So I add 20 grams of carbohydrate, in the form of apple juice, so my shake is 23 grams total carbo (which includes 2g fiber) and 16 grams protein. Sometimes I use more than 1 scoop...to increase protein.

Heartland Gold has very little carb content. I don't know about other vege protein powders, I only use this one.

• There are several non-dairy non-soy protein powders on the market, LiveLoveLaugh's sounds like a good one.

Also, is your dairy allergy limited strictly to cow dairy? If so you could try goat and sheep milk yogurt, my husband cannot have cow's milk products but found goat and sheep dairy to be a good substitute for that.

Otherwise maybe look for a neighborhood health food store that may have some dairy + soy substitutes. Canned tuna may become one of your best friends. It's portable, needs no refrigeration, and as long as you're not in an enclosed space where people may get all freaky about the fish smell, it makes for a terrific low-fat protein if you are on the run.