Palm size for protein portion

• I'm sorry if I missed the search function and this is answered somewhere else, and if it's a stupid question.

When the plan says palm size, deck of cards thickness, is the palm size the opened hand, including the fingers, or just the palm itself? I know that may be a stupid question because the plan would probably say opened hand, but I just wasn't sure. I had two chicken breast medallions for lunch that were the size of just my palm (no fingers) and about deck of cards thickness.

• I am sorry, I did find the answer. Just palm, not open hand. It's amazing what you can find when you read.

• haha, good deal. No stupid question at all. I always did fist size. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

SorayaRosaria

• Thanks. : )

• One more question about protein portions. How about for something like ground meat? Let's say chili (no beans, just jazzy tomato sauce). Is it a matter of ounces to measure? I'm going to go out on a limb and say the typical protein portion is about 4 oz.?  I probably knew all this back in the day, but it all flew south out of my head.