Work conflict with Nutrition plan

• The problem I am having following the nutrition plan is I have trouble consuming full meals during the 8-10 hours a day I work. Would it be acceptable to just consume protein shakes while at work and then have the meals at home?

• Of course, and energy bars are great too. They fit almost anywhere, don't need shaking, and you actually "eat" a meal with the bars...not just drink a liquid.

• What do you do for work?

• I normally try to alternate meals and shakes, but there have been a few times I have done back to back shakes.  Those days I find that I feel hungrier, not sure if psychological or not, but the food makes me feel more full.

• I'm a shake drinker.  Do your best to avoid the protein bars.  They're not much better than a candy bar.  You may also want to think about other quicker options for on the go or work. 

How about a tuna pouch and an apple?  Maybe roll up turkey into a lettuce wrap ahead of time and have with your favorite portable carb? 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Shakes do not help me at all. The drinks make me feel a little full and then it goes right thru me because an hour later I am hungry. So I'm drinking calories and hungry again. Not good.

• Usually a low calorie protein/energy bar, or a chicken breast (cooked of course) and an apple. I can eat the chicken breast like I eat the apple. I cook a bag of chicken breasts in the oven with Mrs. Dash seasons and have enough for at least one every day all week long at work.. And I am not hungry again until I get home from work.,

• My grocery list alsot has 4-5 large tubs of Dean's cottage cheese and I pick up the 4pack little contianers of danon light yogurt, and apples.  I also keep a tub of protein and if my meal doesn't cover my protein intake, it's no uncommon to have a supplemental 10-20 g of protein with water.

• And certainly play around with protein drinks.  For instance, some don't take too well to just whey powder.  Have you tried Myoplex Strength?  That will give you a complete meal and it's RTD, making it quick with no prep or clean-up. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!