3 Tbsp. sugar substitute
    12 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened at room temperature
    1 c. egg substitute
    1 Ready Crust reduced-fat graham cracker crust
    1/2 c. fat-free sour cream
    2 tsp sugar substitute
    1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
    1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2) Spoon cottage cheese into processor until smooth; add vanilla extract and sugar substitute and blend for 30 seconds more
    3) Add cream cheese and blend for 30 seconds, then gradually add eggs and blend for 45 seconds
    4) Pour cheese filling filling into crust and back ab 35 minutes
    5) Remove cheesecake, allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
    6) Prior to serving, mix sour cream and 2 tsp sugar substitute
    7) Serve chilled cheesecake with sliced strawberries and sour cream
    Just made this and it is AMAZING!

Serves 8 to 12.

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Never thought possible. Does it give the nutritional information? Thank you. Cheesecake is my favorite sinful pleasure.

SorayaRosaria

• The desserts in the EFL cookbook were meant for free day.  That was a disclaimer on page 74 (don't hold me to the page number).  I have EFL and enjoy using it to learn how to modify things.  Just keep in mind that the meal recipes are more maintenance. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• No, it doesn't give the nutrition info, it just says watch the serving size (as it differs from person to person), and I didn't find anything that said dessert recipes are for free day. Many of the recipes include protein powder, sugar-free products, and sugar substitutes. I am very sure they are BFL friendly.

• The nutritional values for EFL recipes were at one time published and they were shocking.  They weren't BFL friendly at all. 

Bill does warn people about the portions and some recipes being free day recipes in the beginning portion that nearly no one reads. 

The recipe doesn't have any kind of good quality carb.  In the original book, cottage cheese is the only cheese of any sort approved.  How would that crust constitute a healthy approved carb? 

Just make sure that your actions are congruous with your goals.  If you want to lose a few and get healthier, then fine, do EFL.  If you want a bang out awesome 12 week BFL Challenge, then stay away from EFL.  Neither is wrong, so please don't think I'm saying either is right, nor wrong.  I'm just saying that for BFL, as written, EFL is not going to help you get to the results talked about in the book. 

• Good points there, Jessica. I hadn't thought about the carbs. Yeah, I guess that the desserts looked too good to be true. EFL now seems more like maintenance for life, while BFL is a 12-week overhaul. I see the difference now.

Thanks for your help.

-katiebug

• katiebug

Enjoy an occassional indulgence.  You'll likely enjoy it more than some low fat fake creation. 

What helped me is when I realized that it wasn't about what I couldn't have, but rather about what I should.  BFL is intense.  You are working your body and need to feed it accordingly.  Make sure you're getting good quality carbs that will give sustained energy.  Have lean proteins that will build your muscle.  Sure, you can technically have some of those questionable options from time to time and there's nothing wrong with that, given it's Body for LIFE, not for 12 weeks.  It just might help to adjust your thinking to what you need versus what you can't have and how to tweak so you can kinda get it. 

I believe you'll find that you enjoy those special treats, but won't need as much of them or even as often.