Eating at these hours...

12am
    3am
    6am
    9am
    12pm
    3pm

Is that good or bad?

I have been binging for like the past 5 years, so i was thinking this is way better than that.

I have trouble staying asleep...that is why. :)

• Are you saying you eat at mid night then go to sleep get up at 3 am eat then go back to bed, and from 3 pm on you eat nothing??

or does your day start at midnight and you sleep all day?

• lol, well i sleep at like 10ish. (pm)

I wake up without an alarm at those times.

and yeah...my last meal so far was at 3ish,..but ive been drinking water after.

Ive only been doing this for like two days today.

• Don't do that.

You should never eat after waking in the night then go back to bed. You should not be going from 3 pm til 10 pm without food either. eat withing one hour of wakeup when your going to stay up, and one hour before you bed down for the night so 9ish for you. It's better to sleep through the night if possible but I understand you wakeup.

How long do you stay up for when you get up at 12 and 3 ? is it a few min or a few hour? do you get out of bed and do things? or can you stay in bed til you fall back alseep?

• It is best to sleep through the night of course, but if that doesn't happen, it actually is best to at least have a quick shooter of whey and water.  Your muscles repair in REM and having that protein will give it something to literally feed off of and keep your system going.  

There was a BFL Champion that set  his alarm to wake up each night, so that he could have a Myoplex and go back to bed.  Bill Phillips praised him and this.  I don't recommend it, but if you're already up...

Look into ZMA.  It's cheap and may find they sleep much better with it.  You might be low on Magnesium. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• @Linden, I stay wake for like no more than 30 mins when i wake up in the middle of the night.  

Oh and today i ate at 3am, so i just had my last meal at  6:30ish.

@Jessica, i like what i read...ill try to get some whey. :)

• "There was a BFL Champion that set  his alarm to wake up each night, so that he could have a Myoplex and go back to bed.  Bill Phillips praised him and this.  I don't recommend it, but if you're already up..."

Eating in the middle of the night will help you grow bigger but it will not help you lose fat. You burn less energy while sleeping so what you eat gets stored a lot of the time. If you are already at a low body fat % you can do this though I wouldnt personally.  Can always do a whey shake without carb for the midnight meal or better yet eat cottage cheese as the last meal, it will digest slow all night and has a lot of amino acids you need.

esteam what are your goals are you trying to lose fat of gain muscle or both?

I feel i should tell you that eating your last meal at 630 pm then nothing until 3 am is going to make your body go catabolic and eat its own muscle mass, also your metabolism may go down as your body responds to not having a constant stream of food.

• Eating in the middle of the night will not impede fat loss, if done right.  It must be done in such a way that you have just enough.  Also, think about the reason for casein, to keep you going all night.  Casein only lasts 4-6 hours.  Having more of that and even a quick spiking glucose, like berries, that then will just as quickly go down will actually cause you to better repair your muscles, which in and of itself contributes to fat loss and keep your metabolism buring stronger.  I don't personally do the carb in the middle of the night, but can see why a built guy would choose that, given the need for the glucose to better open the muscles for the amino acids.  Anyone can do a whey shooter with water or cottage cheese. 

It's a myth that what you do not need right now will be stored as fat.  It's simply not true for protein. 

You would also want to add BCAAs to that shooter because they trick the brain to think it's fuller than it is. 

• @Linden, so what happens if my last meal would be at 9pm or 10pm until like 6 or 7am?

@Jessica, ill try to make it work, Linden got me thinking about my muscle mass now though.

• Are you wanting to increase muscle mass? 

• Not really...Nvm my last post. :) lol

I thought about it this way, if i eat at

7am

10am

1pm

4pm

7pm

10pm

there is a nine hour fasting phase...so thats what i had in mind 3pm to 12am.

• Oh and Jessica, do you know that champions name? :)