Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread - question

• Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread:

NO Trans Fats

NO Cholesterol

High Protein

Reduced Carb

1 Pita = Calories: 60 Total Fat: 2 g Sodium: 300mg Total Carbs: 8g Dietary Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g

Hi i was wondering if these wraps are OK to eat. they are low carb so i wasn't sure if i would need to eat something else too...any thoughts?

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• Is there an option for non-reduced carb?  

• I'm going to say enjoy it.  You might add a small apple (smaller than your fist) with it as well.   I buy the apples in the bags because they are so much more reasonably sized.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• there probably are alternatives...i am leaning toward this one because of the fiber and because i know that bread is not the most favorable choice....so i thought that low carb bread would be better than full carb?

ok, i will add some carbs to it. a SMALL apple. what if i just ate it with veggies?

is there a grams of protein/carb formula for each meal?

• Veggies would be fine.  Most women do the 20/20 rule, I'm a tall woman and run about 25/25.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• how tall? i am 5'11" myself. I had that pita, a large salad of mostly lettuce and some chicken.

what about fat grams?

• Whole wheat Pita is perfectly fine.  It's a complex carb and great for this program.  Low carbs are not the choice I'd make for the reasons you stated, however as said, an addition like an apple makes up for it and gets your some of the great things that apples have to offer.

Breads like Oatmeal Grain, or 12 grain are perfectly fine as complex carbs in this program.

• oh ok. thanks Armster!

i heart bread.

• As do I therese and I sometimes had it twice a day during my program.  It's about picking the right breads really.  I never found a plain whole wheat to offer me the things I wanted(except in tortilla and pita but those are slightly different), so I found Oatmeal grain bread.  Top notch.

• what were you looking for in a bread? i swear i read the book! lol

• A specific grain like oatmeal because I don't like oatmeal cereal but I didn't want to miss out fully on the good stuff that oatmeal offers.

• To be more specific, this is the difference between the oatmeal bread I eat:

www.myfitnesspal.com/.../pc-blue-menu-oatmeal-pc-blue-menu-oatmeal-loaf-1719214

and a good whole wheat bread:

www.countryharvest.com/.../100-whole-wheat.html

• oh i see, oatmeal bread is better for you. maybe i will try it, i have never had it.

i will read those links too. thanks

• Well, it has more soluble fibre and because I don't eat oatmeal I want to feel like I am at least getting something along those lines.