HELP!

• Okay, so I just started my 1st challenge...and I already need help!  How do I stay away from the cake?  Seriously.  l never thought I was a gal with a sweet tooth, but lately I just can't seem to stay away from the blasted cake.  I don't typically keep sweets in the house, but is seems right before bed the craving hits...and then I give in.

Advise?  Healthy options?  Protein cake?  ANYTHING!  HELP!

• I'd be interested in the replies here, too. The first time I did BFL there were no kids around, so I just kept the stuff out of the house. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, chocolate - sugar, basically, because when I first start I have no willpower. It gets easier to resist the further along you get.

I did fall in love with a few different bars that helped take the edge off. This time around, it's a little trickier with the birthdays and the evening ice cream walks, but I'm counting on using bars and fruit with yogurt to help with any sweet cravings that arise. I have seen a few protein pancake type recipes around that looked good. That's sort of cake, right?  ;)  One was on a former champion's website. I bookmarked it, but I'll have to find it. I think it was Mary Alvers. Anyhoo, good luck. I know sweets are always a weak point for me, too.

• What I do

Last meal of the day is always a mixture of

fruit

fat free yogurt

and low fat/fat free cottage cheese

What my wife does is make herself cookies out of chocolate protein powder oat meal and peanut butter.

• I would recommend Linden's suggestion - its sweet, but includes 100% "authorised" foods as specified in the book.

• cj6plus2... in my experience... the end result you are craving for should be WAY stronger then your craving for sweets or any other unauthorized food and automatically you will not bother with them. This is week 3 for me and I have yet to eat one thing that I shouldn´t during the week (I let loose on Sunday though becuase I am allowed to) because I am soooooooooooooooooooo antsy to see my after pix. I look often at other past winners and keep being in awe at what they looked like before, I especially find bodies I can relate to and imagine that hot after picture could be mine. If you can, go read Aurora82´s profile and see how intense he is about his reasons for change and how focused he is on reaching his goals. When someone is THAT intentional in any area of their livies, inevitably the right choices will follow. You can do it, cj6plus2.... just dig deep inside and figure out why you need this change NOW, not next year. For YOU, not for anyone else. The reasons are there, just get mad and pull them up and write them down. We believe in you.

SorayaRosaria

• Thank you all!  Thank so much for your ideas and support.  I'm going to try the "cookies", and imagining my after picture.  I did read many of the success stories last night, and that really helped me to stay focused on my goal.  I.think.I.can...I.think.I.can.  I'll keep you all updated!

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called “Body for Lifers!”  The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

Come join us!

Laura

• In my first Challenge I would get routine sugar cravings too. I think the best solution is to answer them creatively and ALWAYS within the B4L guidelines. If I woke up craving sugar, I would make a protein smoothie with frozen strawberries and blueberries. If it was at night, cottage cheese with fresh blackberries or frozen grapes. You can also sprinkle cottage cheese with cinnamon and stevia, microwave it for a sec, and it tastes like a cinnamon roll. Or make no-bake cookies with oatmeal and chocolate protein powder. Or zucchini muffins with whole wheat flour, protein powder, egg whites, a little agave nectar or honey, and carob chips or dried fruit. Just watch your servings and figure out ways to creatively swap out ingredients!

And yes the protein pancakes are awesome. I do 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/3c oatmeal, 1 tsp honey, 2 egg whites, cinnamon, and 1/2 a banana or 1/8 cup of blueberries. Then I top with sugar-free fruit preserves. Soooo tasty.

Good luck, and one way to keep from eating the cake is: Get it out of the house!!

• I AM GOING TO TRY THIS PROTEIN PANCAKES!!!!!!!!! Sounds very good. And I loved the idea for keeping from eating the cake. GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE!! Haha, good one! I just bought cakemix on sale yesterday. Surprisingly, not feeling like eating cake at all but my girls are excited to bake cake.

SorayaRosaria

• How exactly do you make the protein powder, oatmeal and peanut butter cookies?

• Have a tiny slice of melon or ripe sweet pear. If it doesn't take the edge off your cravings, make your own protein muffins. You will find protein muffin recipes on youtube. If not, buy a protein bar with the flavour you usually crave and keep it in the fridge. However, I got rid of my sugar cravings using a simple trick: I cut a small cube of cake into tens of really super tiny mini cubes. Every two hours, whether I craved it or not, I had a mini cube. The original small cube lasted for almost a week by end of which my brain got the illusion that I had too much cake throughout the week. As time went by, I kept having the mini cube every two hours till I was starting to feel like it was medicine and no longer fun. Now, I can't stand cake any more. I did the same with beef (I was having too much of it), white sugar, and chocolate.  My cravings and addiction to them is now long time dead.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Brenda, I like this recipe for baked:

fatlossschool.com/how-to-make-whey-protein-cookies

And for no-bake, I do:

3 egg whites

1 Tbsp cold-pressed oil (olive oil, flax, or hempseed oil)

1/2C peanut butter

1 Tbsp vanilla extract

3C oatmeal

Dash cinnamon

2C chocolate protein powder

Optional: Nuts or raisins

Directions

Blend the egg whites, vanilla extract, and protein powder in a blender. If it looks too dry, add water 1 Tbsp at a time until it has a syrup-like consistency. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, oil and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by spoonfuls.

• great recipes.  Thank you for ALL your help mwseahorse.  I really liked the clean food magazine for recipe ideas.

• I wish I could book mark these!