Myoplex

• Has anyone seen the consumer reports review, any concerns? Webmd has an article relating to the consumer reports review.

• will go check it out. thanks

SorayaRosaria

• Sounds like a concern, eh? At least I can say I am only using Myoplex Bars for now, only once a day for after workout. 2-3 times a day becomes expensive and maybe by then more of this health concern if any? But then in order to participate in the challenge, you are required to use at least one myoplex product too. ;-)

SorayaRosaria

• Keep in mind that Consumer Reports is not where you go for information on health.  EAS has been very open with the public about studies.  For concerns, you are better off calling them.  As a reputable company, they will discuss any issues openly.  The product in question is EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate and the issue is not one of concern to me whatsoever.  It's got small levels of arsenic.  Before you flip, please note that apples do as well.  It's also a possible concern with heavy metals to certain people in the population (the elderly, ill, children, pregnant women, etc).  This applies to many protein drinks.  

EAS has said that 2 per day meets standard.  I have no issue at all with having 3 per day, but that's my personal choice.  

I am a protein drink girl, believing they're a huge part of my success.  I am 100% against the bars.  (Okay, not 100%, but believe they are a poor choice).

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• it seems there is arsenic in just about everythig ... thechart.blogs.cnn.com/.../arsenic-in-chicken-or-just-feathers

• Thanks fr the information on Myoplex products, ladies!  Jessica, why do you think the bars are a poor choice?

• Bars are usually soy protein, which isn't preferable.  Even when it's whey, it's a lesser quality.  There's sugar alcohols or sugar or worse, corn syrup  There's chemcials, preservatives, etc.  In most cases we're talking a higher in carb bar and filled with the kind of carbs you wouldn't otherwise choose.  Once things are highly processed like that, you lose something.  The quality just isn't there. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thanks Jessica!

• I appreciate your opinion, Jessica.  My husband and I are starting next Wednesday, and we prefer to go as natural as possible.  

• Greetings,  I am not particulary concerned about that report and do like the Dark chocolate flavor all though I will admit that the new improved flavor of the  French Vanilla is much better than before (BFL take note of this one).  The new French Vanilla reminds me of the flavor of  French Vanillia icecream (or a McD's vanilla shake too). But if more natural is you way then so be it , whatever works for you the best.   Keep Moving Forward!!   (PS THe Chocolate Fudge does not somehow taste better than the Dark Chocolate, French Vanilla or the Strawberry Cream flavors, not sure why, if you want to discuss this BFL let me know).