Can whey protein isolate shake be considered a meal if I add carbs to it?

• Ive started the B4L program again for 2 weeks now and every time I drink the myoplex meal replacement shakes I get really bad heartburn and upset stomach.  I did the program back in 2004 and had no issues with the shakes but unfortunately now Im not going to be able to take them any more. I have a buddy who gave me his all natural whey protein with stevia before he was deployed and I had no issues with it. So if I added carbs to it, is it considered a meal? Or am i going to have to replace the shakes with whole foods? thanks

• Nick

As long as your still eating 3 "normal" meals e.g. real proteins, carbs and veg a day, you can use whatever protein you like. I do the program, not the challenge, so its all the same just no competition for me. and i use Optimum nutrition whey protein isolate.

Like you did the program back in 2004, and used the myoplex once, didnt actually notice it working any better than regular proteins so switched cause the others are cheaper.

PS. my goal is to loose a lot of fat, so i dont add carbs to my protein shakes, seems to work, but people will probably tell you im doing it wrong.

• nick33 - We would like to chat with you about your experience with Myoplex and address any questions you may have. Please give us a call at 1-800-297-9776 M-F from 8:30am - 5pm, EST. Please reference case# 00833831 when you call.

The BFL Team

• Nick

My wife and I were using Myoplex to start out... It's not what I remember it to be from so many years ago (but that might just be my aging mind :-) Anyway, after using a 42 pack, I'm going to cut out the Myoplex in favor of the 100% Whey (which I believe is actually 75-80% whey per serving) and the Recovery Protein. The Myoplex has casienate and milk protien which makes me feel BLOATED! Also, I can not determine the actual source of carbs (other than oats), where the recovery protien is clear... Corn Maltodextrin... THE SECOND INGREDIENT NEXT TO WHEY!

I am hoping that by cleaning it up a little and using this product I will see better results, faster, and not feel so BLOATED!

Chris

• You can add a piece of fruit or something as your carb.  If you are getting your carbs in with your other meals, and you are having your shake after a workout, there is really no need to add any carbs with it.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• CORRECTION:

Corn Maltodextrin is also in Myoplex... However, I would be willing to bet the reason you and I have problems with the Myoplex is the multiple types of proteins.

• LewisFamily -  We would like to chat with you about your experience with Myoplex and address any questions you may have. Please give us a call at 1-800-297-9776 M-F from 8:30am - 5pm, EST. Please reference case# 00834521 when you call.

The BFL Team