Pumpkin Recipes Wanted

• I found a can of 100% pure pumpkin in my cupboard and would love to gather some BFL recipes to use it up. Thanks in advance!

Squats

• Man, i can't find a store that carrys the pure pumpkin yet. i would love to get some.

• Do you want to use it as a carb because of its fiber?

• not sure if this wil work i usually roast my pumkin but roast or dry fry sliced onion, crused garlic clove and chopped carrot, if frying then add to a pan of boiling water untill carrot is soft add the carrot and onion to the pumkin in a large pan add some stock either chicken or veg will do add a spoon of dijon mustard a tea spoon of stevia/splends salt pepper some chopped chillie if you like a little heat blend it all to a smooth soup. adjust the seasoning as needed . makes a lovely hearty soup freezes well too.

• Here are some great protein muffins that I've adapted to my favorite chocolate-pumpkin protein muffins. I enjoy them as a meal..but it's almost like a 'treat' cause they are like dessert!

Ingredients:

1 cup oats ground in blender/food processor

1/2 cup splenda or splenda brown sugar blend

4 scoops vanilla whey protein(I use EAS brand)

2 tbsp baking powder

2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice

4 egg whites

1/2 cup skim milk

1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup

1.5 cups canned pumpkin

Mix all the dry ingredients and then fold in the wet ingredients. If the batter seems too thick add a smidge more milk. Pour into muffin tin(makes 12).

Bake 30 minutes at 300 degrees...

FOR CHOCOLATE MUFFINS(<---THIS IS WHAT I MAKE)

Omit the maple syrup use chocolate protein instead and add 2 tbsp cocoa powder and extra 1/4-1/2 cup skim milk.

Stats per muffin are estimated at:

90 cals, 10g protein, 10g carb, 1g fat

ENJOY!!!

Rocking BFL since 2001! TNCHAMPWEEKEND.COM and BFLSPIRIT.COM

• Thanks for all the ideas! I plan on trying them all.

Today I mixed a vanilla protien powder portion with 1/2 cup pumpkin, dash of splenda and pumpkin pie spice, it was yummy

I think I'll try it again with 1/2 portion cottage cheese and 1/2 protien powder and spices...maybe blend it then chill so it'll be more like cheesecake....

Let's put it on the dessert menu of the BFL restaurant! teehee

Squats

• Here's my recent fav breakfast: mix a portion of plain fat free greek yogurt with 1/2c canned pumpkin, a little splenda and pumpkin pie spice and use it as a dip for cut up apple slices!!! Sooooo yummy.

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Remember pumpkin is a carb, and there are carbs in yogurt, so if you eat that with apples you're way over your carbs for that meal.  :-)

• Look in the baking aisle next to the pie fillings, just don't get the pie filling by mistake.  :-)

• Greek yogurt is actually counted as a protein as it has 22g protein and only 7 carbs per cup (the plain yogurt). I have tweaked my pumpkin dip a little and have been using 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 cup plain ff greek yogurt, 1 cup canned pumpkin, splenda and pumpkin pie spice and blending it all in the blender. (sometimes have to add a little water to thin it out) SOOOOOOOO good! Tastes like pumpkin pie (or so my kids say who also LOOOOVE it!). I split that into 2 servings with each serving= 220cal/ 27g protein/ 16g carbs.

• where in worl can I find 100% pumpkin puree this time fo the year. according to both wal-mart and giant eagle they won't have it in until fall.

• I got mine at Safeway. Not sure what grocery stores you have near you. I think Raleys would also have it.

• FYI, last year in the mid-west there was a terrible pumpkin harvest due to heavy rains, so there was a shortage. But I was curious about it and found some at a local health food store. It was from a company called Farmer's Market Foods, and as an added bonus, their products are organic. Their farms are in the Pacific Northwest, so they had a good harvest. I think you can get their stuff online from Amazon, among other places.

"The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another."  -Alexander Graham Bell