OK, how's this? "Tweaked" my Eating Plan

• I'm starting Week 9 today and think I have the eating down, or at least getting close. What do you think? This would be a weigh training day.

6am - 1 serv. Phosphagen Elite, greek yogurt, 1 cup Kashi cereal (don't have time to do eggs in the morning so greek yogurt is my protein (10 g) and the Kashi has 9 g of protein)

8:30am - Myoplex Original shake

11am - grilled chicken, 2 red potatoes (2 of them equal 1 fist size), mixed salad w/ balsamic vinegrette spritz, 1 serv. Muscle Armor

2 pm - greek yogurt, piece of fruit (apple or orange)

4 pm - myoplex bar w/ 1/2 banana (pre-workout)

4:15 pm - WORKOUT (1 serv. Phsphagen Elite)

Post Workout - whey protein shake w/ 1/2 banana

6 pm - grilled salmon, sweet potato, veggies, 1 serv. Muscle Armor

9pm - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, handful of frozen berries

OK, how's that?

Mike

• Mike-in my opinion, you are not getting enough protein being that you are male...Women generally go around 20/20 protein/carb ratio while men I believe is at least around 35g...

Take your body wt divde by 6 and that should be the # of grams per meal...I'm hoping a male challenger will chime in here cause I don't want to give you the wrong info.

I believe there are 42g protein in your Myoplex so just curious why 3 of your meals are lower in protein...

Like I said, I hope someone more knowledge or a "smarticle" as Trudy calls them chimes in for you!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks Deb. When I read your reply, it got me wondering about my protein amounts so I added it up. Looks like it's around 175g of protein per day. My current weight is 155, so I should be getting plenty of protein. The greek yogurt has 10-12g of protein, depending on which one I eat. Whey protein has 23g, salmon and chicken have about 20g-25g, myoplex shake has 42, myoplex bar has 15g.

• Debs right on- I would also suggest eating more complex carbs for your meals. Instead of bananas, try brown rice, potatoes, tortillas, etc... In my opinion, not enough complex carbs gave me headaches and eft me feeling tired.

Good luck!

Stacy Lynn

• A Myoplex bar and whole wheat tortilla?? I can definitely go for that!!! lol!

• But I'll still do a banana in my post-workout whey protein shake.

• A myoplex bar and ww tortilla might not be too bad...you never know.   I just put a scoop of choc. protein powder in my strawberry yogurt and it tasted like melting ice cream.  Who would have known? :)

• Mike-  I just starting doing whey protein shakes, blending milk, protein and banana- love the taste. I also add some cinnamon-  

maybe myoplex bar chopped and mixed with brown rice?

Or... scooped protein powder in a salad?

The options are endless!!!   ;)

Stacy Lynn

• So 175g of protein daily isn't enough for me? (at 155 lbs?)  I thought that was plenty.  :-/

Just had the whole wheat tortilla and then my myoplex bar. ROCKIN combo!!!

• LOL!!

YOu just brought up something I have been wondering about- how much protein per day we need based on weight. I'm taking maybe 20 g's protein per meal (and carbs) - this is.... 120 g's protein a day. I weigh just around 140- I'm not sure if there is a calculator on this site somewhere that can give us the appropriate amounts.

I hope the tortilla added some flavor to the myoplex bar.......  

Stacy Lynn

• Stacy, I didn't eat the tortilla WITH the bar. Ate the tortilla first, THEN ate the bar. I don't think a myoplex bar wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla would taste real good.  On second thought....hummm...lol!

From everything I've read about how much protein a person should get, they say approx. 1g protein for every pound of lean body mass you have. That's your total body weight minus your fat. If you're getting 120g of protein daily, it sounds like you're getting what you need.