40/40/20?

• I did not present in absoluteness.  I presented what EAS has advocated for BFL from the Bill Phillips days, which is rather clear so it's not like I needed to offer a nebulous explanation. 

Convincing you is a non-issue.  I presented the facts as laid out by the program's author and you can choose to believe what you want and follow what you want.  Not everyone does it precisely.  For instance, I will sometimes include veggies as my carb, if that portion is large enough to merit such a thing.  That is not BFL.  It's a matter of knowing that you are tweaking and understanding the consequences of those decisions, good or bad. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Then we're not conceptually as far apart as initially appeared. In any case, the important thing is hannikate1 has the same presentations and can make the same choice. Overcoming her dilemma was the whole point of this thread, after all.

• On that I would agree. 

hannikate1 really should be given BFL aligned advice or a disclaimer when there's a tweak suggested.  It's perfectly okay to not choose 100% "by the book" for yourself, but do be careful when suggesting deviations for another.  The numbers originally presented were far too high in carb and somewhat too low in protein. 

More useful suggestions might be to increase protein portions, either with the chosen protein of that meal or a whey shooter in addition to the meal.  Often people will find they aren't eating enough eggs, for instance.  The proper portion for a woman is typically 4 whites and 1 full egg or 3 whites with 2 full eggs.  Most people initially don't have nearly enough. 

I would also suggest choosing carbs that are higher in protein, such as quinoa.  Asparagus is actually quite high in protein. 

Also, increase the water and the broccoli.  Many are hungry at first and think they need more food or more carbs, but what they need is fiber and hydration. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thank you both so much for your feedback! I hadn't realized anyone had replied, so I really appreciate it.  I've really been working with my carbs for the past week, and have actually figured out what I need to do to cut my carbs down to >150g.  A lot of egg white action going on at the moment, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.  You were both very helpful :D

• I just want you to know that another BFL member turned me onto a website called www.myfitnesspal.com.  While it calculates some things you don't need like calories, I found it to be my best tool for following the 40-40-20 rule.

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called “Body for Lifers!”  The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

Come join us!

Laura