Can someone shed some light on palm/ fist portion sizes.... Please

• Hey everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out, i'm about to start BFL and i'm just a bit unsure of the portion sizes.

Obviously things like cottage cheese, yoghurt and liquids like egg whites are easy enough to measure in a cup, however, i'm somewhat confused about the portion sizes for meat etc.... In the past, i've weighed 4oz protein per meal

I've been consuming 6 meals per day..... 3 of which have heavier carbs (rice, sweet potato, couscous, quinoa, oatmeal and cream of wheat)..... my other meals consist of proteins, fruit or veg.

Does this seem like it might be on the right track. Another comment/ question.... i've always tried to stay away from bread so if i start re-introducing it to my diet, am i more likely to gain weight.

Really looking forward to getting underway with this so thanks in advance for your comments and support.

"Train like an athlete, eat like a nutritionist, sleep like a baby, win like a champion"

• I'd like to know this too!

• Hi pinup78,

I've just completed my first challenge & personally, I think you're on the right track with your eating.

With regards to the meat aspect, I've never actually weighed any meat I use. Usually if I'm cutting up something like chicken breast, I'll always place my fist next to it & compare. If it's a little bigger than my fist, I'll save the excess for the next meal or something.

With bread, I ate it all thru my challenge & still ended up shedding over 10kg (22lbs) by the end of my challenge. I think the key is moderation & sticking to the bfl plan. Perhaps having it in the morning might help, as you'll probably use it for fuel during the rest of your day.

Hope that helps. All the best with your challenge. :)

"Eat clean, train mean, live lean!"