Meal Replacement Bars

• If you were to eat a meal replacement bar as one of your meals.... which ones are recommended?  I have been getting the myoplex lite bars but very hard to find in stores here, having to order online and will continue to do that unless something better is recommended.

• Myoplex lite is for getting lean and tone. Those are the ones I eat too.

• I use the Premier Nutrition protein bars. They have advantages and disadvantages compared to Myoplex Lite; for me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, but your mileage may vary.

Advantages:

Higher protein (30g, compared to 15g for Myoplex Lite)

Lower sugar (8-10g, compared to 10-15g for Myoplex Lite)

Cheaper ($1.18/bar at my local WalMart, even less in 15-packs at Sam's Club; best I've seen for Myoplex Lite is just under $2/bar online)

Disadvantages:

Lower fiber (1-2g, compared to 4-5g for Myoplex Lite)

Lower in various nutrients (only significant nutrients listed are Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron and Phosphorus; Myoplex Lite is higher in all four plus lists 16 others)

Higher sodium (330-410mg, compared to 220-320mg for Myoplex Lite)

Higher fat (6-8g with 3.5-4.5g saturated fat, compared to 4.5-6g with 3g saturated fat for Myoplex Lite)

Depends on your situation:

Higher calorie (270-290, compared to 190 for Myoplex Lite)

• I heard it was better to drink the shakes, but I also eat the bars on a few days.  I am really picky about taste & texture!  I eat Oh Yeah!  Depending on your goals, I was planning on losing wieght & toning.  I had a problem finding any EAS products & I go to Sam's for the pre-made shakes.  Myoplex lite bars are good, but hard to find.

Here is what my bars have:190 calories, 15g protein, 17g carbs and 1.59oz.

They taste like a candy bar (its like a treat) and my husband now eats them too.  He got tired of the one he was purchasing - rubber.  

Good luck,

Tonja

• I found "QuestBar" natural protein bars (at Popeye's in Canada) and they're great. I like the taste & texture (& contents!) better than other bars, including Myoplex. They have about 10 flavours, of which 4 are made with Stevia, a natural sweetener, instead of aspartame or other artificial sweetener. An example of the nutrition content is the Coconut Cashew one:

Total Fat  - 6g  (saturated fat 1.5 g, trans fat 0 g)

Total Carb - 24g  (dietary fiber 17 g, sugars 2g,- made with Stevia)

Protein  - 20 g

Cholesterol 5 mg

Sodium  - 270 mg.

As you can see, it has very high fiber, lower saturated fat, and lower sugars.

The actual content for this bar is:

Protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), IsomaltoOligosaccharides ( these are100% natural prebiotic fibers from plant sources), almonds, water, eythritol, coconut, cashews, sea salt, natural flavors, Lo Han Guo, Stevia

• Wow thanks everyone, I am going to look into a couple of these, it is very difficult to find myoplex where I live, have ordered online a few times.  Appreciate all of your input :)