Turkey Pepperoni

• Would turkey pepperoni be an acceptable protein? I'm not planning on eating every day, but I thought it might do.

• i eat it on my pita pizza about every other week! Sooo good!

• Sound great I will have to look for this one at the store soon.

• That stuff will kill you!  It's highly processed crap. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• But it's really goooooood highly processed crap!

Signed,

not dead you.

;)

(seriously, limit it - full of sodium.  And one serving has only 9 grams of protein.  But when you are craving a pepperoni pizza, it's much better to do a whole wheat pita, low fat cheese, and a bit of turkey pepperoni than it is to go all-out.  Get creative and add some other goodies to your pizza, like veggies and finely diced chicken)

• That's what my wife uses when the boys get a major pizza craving. She makes 'em with homemade whole wheat crust and low fat cheese, then tops with turkey pepperoni and lean ham (separately, not mixed), plus some is left as just cheese. The boys can get their pepperoni fix, then if they're still hungry they can have ham or cheese pizza.

I like it myself as a treat now and then, but processed or not, I don't think I could stomach eating enough of it to make it a major protein source.

• People need to find what works for them in accordance with their goals.  If you are looking to get somewhat healthier and find recipes the whole family with love then by all means.  If you want a kick butt BFL Challenge, then cheese of any sort (except fat free cottage cheese) and turkey pepperoni just aren't good options.  (neither is wheat)  I'm not saying it's "bad", just right for some and not others.  It's all about what you are looking to achieve and only you can determine that for yourself. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!