Myoplex and Birthday question

• My mom wants me to come over Monday night for my birthday and she said she'd like to bake a cake for me. I said she didn't have to and that I really don't want cake anymore, but she said she will anyways and that it'd be up to me if I'd have some. She, my dad and brother will finish it off anyways. Is it ok to have a little cake on Monday night, I'm guessing it's not. I haven't had any cake since December 17th and the cool thing is that I don't miss it at all.

Also at the store last night, I picked up some of those Myoplex Chocolate Peanut Butter Nutrition Bars and while I was eating one for my mid-afternoon snack, I was reading the ingredients and after Whey Protein Isolate, the second one was Sugar. I guess my question is if my biggest goal right now is weight loss, should I be eating them if their 2nd biggest ingredient is Sugar?

• Hi Randomeguy53,

Personally, I would have the cake unless it would be a problem for you to stay on track afterwards. Your birthday is a once a year celebration and this is BFLife.

As for the bars I reserve them for an emergency situation when I can't get to a meal but I would not have them regularly. Whole foods keep you satisfied longer and your body responds to them better.

Happy early birthday...enjoy.

Best wishes,

Kim