Banana Bread recipe.

• I know this is probably posted somewhere here but does anyone have the recipe for banana bread with  protein in it. The one I had 10 years ago was made with applesauce.  Thanks  :-)

• I found this:

In Medium Bowl Combine:

3 TBS Plain Protein Powder

1/2 Cup 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour

1 Tsp Baking Powder

1/8 Tsp Baking Soda

1/4 Tsp Cinnamon

In Small Bowl Combine:

1 Medium Banana (Starting to turn brown), mashed

1 Egg White

1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce

Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir until moistened.

Divide batter into 2 mini-loaf pans and bake in toaster oven at 350 for 20 minutes,

OR

Put all batter into 1 mini-loaf pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes,

OR

Use a regular muffin pan to make 4 muffins. Bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.

This recipe makes 2 servings, so 1/2 of the batter is a meal. Each serving has 38g Carbs and 25g Protein!

• I made a body for life recipe book when I did the program 9 years ago and found this recipe in there I am making it today

• Thanks for the recipe... I did find one similar that called for one scoop protein powder(my scooper is small)... I'm thinking all scoopers arnt the same?... I made 4 loaves and it tasted great. next time i will use the 3TBS and see if there is a difference.... I also loved the power pancake and french toast! These were my 3 favorites. What kind of protein powder is everyone using? I got some EAS... newer stuff that came out that Target carries.

• Tulip,  I also did the program 10 yrs ago. I thought the recipe was in my recipe box but it wasnt. :-(.  

• there's a good pumpkin muffin one on here too in the Recipes tab.

All protein powder scoops are not made equal.  

I try all sorts of powder: Designer Whey, Target, Pure Protein, Muscle Milk.  I like them all!  some seem to dissolve in milk better than others.

• I will have to try the pumpkin muffins.... I will be doing more baking this evening after work (more banana bread) so maybe I'll make some of those as well. Have a great day!!!!

• I did the Challenge in 2007 and loved the recipes that fellow BLFers used and were on line.

What happened to that??   Is there somewhere on the site that this exists and I am just missing it??

• Does anyone have a wheat bread recipe that is good

• liz--try Library, then Recipes, but I dont' know if it's what you're thinking.  I too remember a bunch of shared recipes back in 2004ish.  I printed some off and put them in a photo album.  Remember Elsie's Chicken?  I don't know why that one sticks out at me.

anyway...  as far as wheat bread, I don't bake any.  but finding a sprouted grain bread is really good.  I have a local bakery that makes sprouted grain products, but you can also find more national brands in the freezer section of some health grocery places.  Brands like "Ezekiel' bread.  Sprouted grains are proven to be better all around than basic wheat bread.  I can't remember the specifics, but has to do with the enzymes and waiting until the grains are sprouted rather than b4 they sprout--vitamin content, more protein, easier to digest.

I think it tastes great too!  Tastes like my grandma's. i got a link around here somewhere

• here they are, explain better than I can:

www.wholegrainscouncil.org/.../sprouted-whole-grains

and

nourishedkitchen.com/sprouted-grain