Protein Brownies

• So I've read a few things about protein brownies and I tried this one recipe from a magazine that uses one scoop of chocolate protein powder, enough water so the powder dissolves and one egg white.  You microwave for one minute and it's supposed to taste almost like an actual brownie.  Obviously it's not going to be an exact taste but mine tasted and had the consistency of chocolate rubber! 

Does anyone have any recipes for a protein brownie that actually tasted good (even if not like an actual brownie)?

Thanks!  :-)

Jessica

• I haven't made these myself but try this recipe and see if it works better.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I will have to try it this way....thanks!!  :-D

• There is also a recipe in the Eating for Life book.  I haven't tried it yet, but it is definitely on the list of things to try.

• i'm not for sure about it but someone on another thread said they had problems when they microwaved the protein mix...maybe you can add the protein mix after microwaving. Like I said i'm not sure about it though. I just bought my first thing of protein today.

• Tiff_sue...I've had trouble microwaving protein powder before!  It comes out just plain ol' nasty!!  But I was wondering if there were any recipes where other ingredients keep it from doing that or maybe there's a version that bakes them??  Who knows, but now I'm determined to find a good brownie replacement .  I'm too impatient to wait until free day but if I have to....

:-D  

• So, we tried the protein brownie recipe Sharon posted below. Were they smoking crack when they made that? That tasted like a spoonful of chocolate protein powder. ICK, ICK, ICK! Double ick!

At least we tried it. :-D

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Glad I got the review there Renee so I don't waste my protein powder! lol!  I think I remember once when I tried the protein powder in the microwave and yep, double ick! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• LOL!  Sorry that brownie recipe didn't come out well.  Maybe something was left out. :-)  I hadn't tried it and vowed not to because it would only make me crave the real thing.  

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• :-D If you try it you will NOT crave the real thing...you will crave water...lots of water! Imperative to flush that out of your mouth. Ick, ick, ick! Smelled great! I might just make some and stick it under my nose after dinner some night. I'll feel like I'm eating a dessert.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• So glad I kept reading!  I had written down the recipe and was ready to give it a try!  Sounded a little too good to be true. ;-)