starbucks?

• So is a iced latte a bad choice? Maybe with a handful of almonds?

• ohhh iced latte is for a free day, bc it has so much sugar and almost no nutrients. I wouldn't even go sugar-free on that one. Let me tell you, ever since I quit drinking alcohol (19 months  sober, yay!) I have been a starbucks ADDICT. I love love love their coffee and espressos, more than food sometimes. Of course, go there on your free day and get whatever floats you boat, but on reg. days I go with an iced cafe americano (espresso and coffee) or just a plain old iced coffee, maybe put a a stevia or something in there. If that's too bold, go with the protein frappuccino under the recipes on this site.

Ok, that's just a suggestion from a coffee/starbucks addict.

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Yes, save it for a free day.  These are empty carbs that are not beneficial in any way, shape, or form to your transformation.  

• Latte's are definitely not a great choice. I will say that I work them into my meal plans on Saturdays. :-) Truly they really don't provide the nutritional value that other whole foods can. However, I feel like I am treating myself for just one meal a week. This is just me. It keeps my head in the game. I am very specific about my latte' order and I have checked the counts to make sure it is somewhat reflective of fitting into "my" meal plan.

Starbucks - Tall, 1 pump sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup, skim milk latte'

The 1 pump of sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup is 5 calores and no fat.

The skim milk provides for 14 grams of carbs

Count this as your carb and add a carb control shake or cottage cheese.

Again, this is not a recommendation. This is one time a week, on meal,  for me that I feel like I am treating myself. It meets the counts but really lacks the fuel needed for your body.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• I can attest to Renee's specificity (is that even a word??) on her lattes!! She ordered mine the day we met in Jeff City!  It was great, both the latte and meeting Renee!! :)

Oh and the almonds...I believe around 15-17 are 100 cals and are a fat so maybe save for free day as well...

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I am personally very careful with almonds too.  It takes a lot to get the protein you need but the fat content is astounding - mind you, it's the good fat but it is still a lot.  They aren't something I would incorporate daily into my meal plan but on occasion, sure.

• The nut/peanut butter battle depends on the person, to me. Personally, I get a serving of nuts in every day bc I don't eat any eggs or meat, and the dairy I eat is very low-fat. Nuts are my main (and most days only) source of fat along with olive oil.

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• When you are in that situation you most definitely to find other sources of good protein and nuts are that for sure.

• love the feedback! (why did I wait 7 weeks before getting on here?) Keep it coming! Thank you!

• Isn't this place AMAZING???? You will never want to leave now, like me! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...