Who has a Salad Dressing Recipe???

• Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a salad dressing recipe that is approved for the challenge.  Some times I use lemon and fresh herbs, or vinegar alone.  Can I use mustard with vingear????  Anyway, suggestions please!

• I love lemon, garlic and olive oil.

I usually just use 1 tbsp of Ken's lite balsamic viniagerette.

You can use mustard.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Few spoons of fat-free Greek Yogurt

Equal amount of water to make it less creamy (optional)

Few sprigs of coriandar - chopped

Few sprigs of parsley - chopped

Quarter of a small cucumber

A touch of salt and pepper to taste

Mix in a blender

2- Same as the above without herbs or cucumber but use avocado and carrot

3- same as the above without herbs but use fresh whole green bell pepper (quarter will do) and some cayenne to taste

The skin rejuvenator dressing lol

few spoon of apple cider vingar

table spoon fresh lemon juice

1/4 tea spoon cinnammon powder

1/4 tea spoon cayenne powder

1/4 tea spoon garlic powder

1/4 tea spoon cumin powder

1/4 tea spoon sweet aniseed powder

1/4 tea spoon fennel powder

1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder

Mix all very well into a paste, add a little bit of water or lemon or venigar to make it into a paste.

It's a strong taste but it will do wonders to your skin!

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Here's a simple one from the Dukan diet book: (basically a high protein, low fat,low carb plan) I do like this dressing and use it on all kinds of things!

5 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1 tbsp course ground mustard

5 leaves basil

Couple of garlic cloves

1 tsp olive oil

Place basil and garlic in container, add rest and shake mixture to blend.  Salt and pepper can be added if you like (I don't.) the garlic and basil marinate and add some nice flavor....

• did you know mustard is an emulsifier?  which means it bonds your oil and vinegar together into a more regular substance so it doesn't separate.  Something I learned from the Emeril Green show.  

anyway, i've recently started drizling EVOO and balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of poppy seeds.  I thought it would be super boring tasting, but I like it!  the poopy seeds just add a nice visual.  I don't bother mixing up the dressing, it all gets combined in my salad bowl anyway.

• LOL I mean 'poppy'.

• Those spray salad dressings are actually pretty good and at 1 calorie per spray...diet friendly. I usually only need about 3-4 sprays for a whole salad. I like the Basalmic Vinegrette

• I am also very found of the Basalmic Vinegrette type dressing. I wonder if it doesn't help with metabolism with some individuals as well. First time I tried it was oddly enough in a restaurant years ago.

• An easy one that I use and its is 1:1:1

1 Tbsp EVOO

1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar

1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

Mix together and voila! Tastes nummy epecially with chicken, tuna, or shrimp in a salad.

• These all sound really good!  

I do lots of variations of this:

A couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt plopped into my salad bowl before anything else, mixed with either balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice and mustard.....mix it up, fast and easy and good macros.  Then I put the salad in!

YUMMY!

• All of the above look great but if you don't want to bother with making your own (fresh is usually the tatiest and healthiest though) I love Newman's Own lite dressings. The balsamic is my favorite.

• I make a type of salsa "verde" with the blender that is FANTASTIC for chicken, eggs even salad! I'm a "sauce" kind of girl and love BBQ, ketsup etc....so this salsa verde is healthy, tastes great and satisfies my sauce craving.

10 tomatillos (green tomatoes with the husk covering)

1/4 onion

1 clove garlic

salt

jalepeno pepper

take of the husks and rinse then boil the tomatillos until soft. Throw them in the blender along with other ingredients. Add the pepper slowly and test it out each time after so it's not too PICANTE!!! Salt to taste and eat! You can also do this with regular red tomatoes.