Carbs, not dietary fat, cause obesity? (A discussion of fat loss/gain and not total body weight)

• Jess,

There is a lot of information out there saying to eat less fats and more carbs.. But a lot of science is starting to show how bad sugar(from carbs) actually is for you.  And carbs are actually the cause to a lot of health issues and not fats.  That's all I'm saying.  Here is a link to check out.  

www.fourhourworkweek.com/.../saturated-fat

Again, Fat head is a good doc to check out.  I have no intentions of keeping carbs this low..Just for a 2 week peroid.  

Thx for the diet info Dog.  I will check it out.  What did you think of them?

• I agree that fats are not actually our primary issue.  In fact, 95% of Americans are deficient in dietary fat.  I agree that processed carbs are the primary culprit, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak.  

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have good healthy carbs in appropriate portions.  It means we eat way too many french fries.  That could be projection, I used to eat way too many french fries.  

Heart disease isn't really from the burger, but more likely the side and just too much of it.  I agree with a lot of the new science, but having a baked sweet potato is a good thing.  It's great with a little cinnamon by the way.  

Oh, and yes, I do have egg yolks.  They aren't raising my cholesterol or causing my heart to get blocked either.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I plan to eat that sweet potato hah.  Just when I hit my goals.  I noticed when my carb intake is at about 100G a day I don't gain or lose weight.  So I have a feeling that's about where I will end up.  More like 80-100.  Just looking to really dig in and get some gains this way.  I'll let you guys know how I made out.  So far i seem to lose about 4ounces a day lol.  

• Ok, well hope you make out ok.  My trainer urged me not to do it, because mainly it is water weight (which drains from your muscles and tissues), and also it very temporary.  Plus, you don't have anything to process the proteins, so you have to drink massive amounts of water.  I wish you the best of luck.  I would like to see your fat loss, opposed to scale weight.  That's a big difference.  

PLUS....I have never hit a plateau, because I change my diet and program often.  Plus, I cleansed my liver with the herb milk thistle.  Sometimes when weight loss stalls, it can be a sluggish liver.

• dogsbrekky

Convo - read on bodybuilding.com about the ANABOLIC DIET, Carb Cycling and Warrior Diet... there is plenty of good stuff there......

I ready that study regarding an all carb meal vs. all protein meal vs. carb/protein meal. They did a study with three groups.

After their study it says that the combo carb/protein meal allowed you to process the most protein.  Thus, the combo meal, no pun intended, ended up added the most muscle mass.  Even more so than they people eating all protein. 

Wow, nice...

• Muscle mass drastically impacts your metabolism.  So...it's not all about calorie ingestion.  

• dogsbrekky - Is it wrong for me to want to do the Warrior program because I like the idea of being a warrior?  ...just wondering

• Absolutely, Jessica.  I try to think of it this way.  Calorie consumption only tells you whether the change in mass will be positive or negative.  The composition of the input, essentially whether it's carbs, protein, or fat, and the type of work done to burn it, will deterimine the type of weight gained or lost.  This is still and over simplification, but it should be enough of a concept to produce useful results.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium