HELP to Learn to Cook Eating-For-Life

• Just got the Eating for Life Book in on Friday and I am studying and reading it right now for use this coming week.  It is very well done and seems to have some really great receipes. ANy suggestions for a breakfast item in there that one can eat while traveling to work in the morning with my coffee?? Just curious( a page number would help too).

• Look at Emily Alvers' blog (www.emilyalvers.com/blog.html) - she has some great BFL recipes and menus.

I recommend a George Foreman grill for cooking in bulk. Chicken breasts and lean pork loin are both great choices, and the fat drains off during cooking. I like to season them with steak seasoning (mostly coarse ground pepper and garlic, look for one with no partially hydrogenated fats) and turn once during grilling. Leave some whole and cut others into strips for salads, and refrigerate or freeze individual portions in baggies.

I also brown a bunch of ground turkey and freeze in 1 to 2 pound quantities for chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. Turkey meatloaf freezes well too, so make two and freeze one when you have it. You can season the meatloaf in various ways as well. I've used salsa, spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.