Mexican Pita Pizza

• I made this tonight with a side salad and it tasted really good.

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Take a whole wheat pita, top it with 1/8 cup of salsa (I used medium) 1/8 cup low fat tomato/basil pasta sauce.  Add some sliced red onion slivers, diced tomatoes.

Brown 1 lb of extra lean ground beef, use a package of taco seasoning mix (follow cooking instructions).  You can also use ground turkey if you don't want to use beef.

Add a portion of the ground beef (about 1/8 - 1/4 lb) to the pita pizza, top with 1/4 cup reduced fat mozarella cheese.  Place a small handful of sliced black olives on top of the cheese.

Bake the pizza for 10 mins for a crispy crust and enjoy.

The remaining ground beef mixture can be used to make more pizzas or save them to make a healthier version of a burrito or taco.

• I don't know the specific taco seasoning you use, but I would caution you to look at the sodium content.  Also the cheese might make this a free-day only food to enjoy.  It sounds delicious.

• Awesome!  Thanks for sharing.  I make my own taco seasoning by using equal parts of chili powder, cumin, paprika, and pepper.  That way I can control the sodium and it's easy for me:)