Using 1 cup skim milk and a scoop of Designer Whey protein powder=

Calories 190

fat   2

sodium  195

carb    16

fiber   0

sugar   14

protein       27

Compared to Myoplex, this 'protein milk' concoction is missing some vitamins and minerals, but I still drink it all the time to save money.  I like experimenting with different flavors, and sometimes adding some cold coffee for a special coffee drink taste!

• oh, as far as if it's a complete meal?  Milk has more carbs than protein, so if you increased the milk to 2 cups, you would have a better ratio.  I tend to eat too many carbs, so i myself stick to one cup milk, hoping it balances out that way.

• Hi Optigirl,

What if i were to mix the powder into 2 cups of 1% MILK?  Would that equal a complete meal portion (protein and carb?)  Thanks !

• you'd be fine adding some frozen berries.  i wouldn't go w/ a complete extra portion of carbohydrates but berries are on the lower end of the carbohydrate scale so half a portion of these would be fine and would still cause this drink to lean more towards protein :)

• I compared the nutritional info for 1% vs. skim.  The only difference is 20 more calories per cup and a few more fat grams.  Protein and carbs are the same.