diet soda

• Is diet soda allowed?

• It's not on the authorized list. It's not the healthiest option. It is a trigger for additional sweets. What is it offering you besides empty calories? Water, water, water! Save the diet soda for free day. Your body will apreciate it.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Your right, it is a form of sweets with no calories, just used to other diets and it's always allowed.. Still drinking lots and lots of water.... Thanks I will minus the diet soda. BTW, I'm learning a lot in this first challenge, I am gearing up to do it a second time but with more smarts...:-)

• I learned something new EVERYDAY during my first challenge. And then, I threw all of it out the window for a week of active rest. My first week into challenge 2 was also a disaster. Back on track now. There are so many internal things that we need to work through. You have to be ready to address those issues as they arise and not let them take over. Keep learning :-)

Keep the faith!

• my opinion on soda, diet or otherwise, is don't bother with it. if addicted, use only on free days until over it.

for women especially it inhibits our abilty to absorb calcium properly, long term use makes bones weak, who wants to deal with osteoperosis if you don't have to.

there is a generation of young women, especially atheletes, coming up that are already suffering from the affects of calcium deficient bones because of drinking soda.

Also, the acid in pop is very detrimental to teeth as well. the dental office is not most peoples favorite place to visit....thats what I hear anyway...lol

Squats

• I thought this one would be a hard one to give up.  It really wasn't.  I just keep my sippy bottle of water nearby and realize that my diet soda drinking was more of a physical habit.  I am at the end of my first 4 weeks and figure I have saved about 35 dollars already.

• I used to drink a fair amount of diet pop - usually Coke Zero - because it didn't have calories.  Kelly Adair mentioned something to me in a seminar, about artificial sweeteners, and really made me think.  Did a little research and haven't had any diet pop since.  It's a personal choice, but there really isn't any benefit that I can see.

• Thinks like diet soda I kept out of my diet for the challenge, I mean I didn't go outside of the box at all.

If you like it, maybe after the challenge you can get some but during the challenge, stick to a very strict diet for the best results imo.

• I guess I'm the contrarian.  I usually drink one can of Diet Pepsi per day, at lunch time with my grilled chicken and sweet potato.  I'm down about 20 lbs. thus far, so it hasn't had an adverse effect.

Different strokes for different folks.

• Personally, I don't think it will have an adverse effect on results, as long as you drink an extra 8 oz of water for the can you drink.  It was more of a stigma/psyhological thing for myself.

• Here's my additional thought on the diet soda ~

Is it an addiction for you? Is the eating plan easy for you? Will it play games with you? Do you have to have it?

The meal part of the challenge is easy for me. The cardio sucks. That is my challenge. I keep my meal plans SUPER clean so that I don't feel the need to step outside of the box and test the waters.

You really need to dig deep within to find out what your reasons are for adding extras. It's an individual thing. I will say that diet soda is just water with chemicals. Just sayin :-)

Keep the faith!

• The only pop/soda I like are specialty soda'a made with real sugar , or the throwback popular brands made with real sugar.

Diet pop just pales in comparison.

I save it for the cheat day, and enjoy the real deal.

I believe in the plan, and, therefore focusing on mental discipline, and accuracy to the preferred plan.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry