Delicious Protein Smoothies and Shakes!!!

• Hi to all you Body-for-LIFEers!!!!

During my first Body-for-LIFE Challenge, I came up with a lot of smoothie/shake recipes using the EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder.  To this day I drink at least two per day because it's a great way for me to get in all my protein, plus they are so yummy!  There are so many things you can do with protein powder, it's mind boggling......A lot of people have messaged or emailed me and asked for recipes and so I thought I would start a thread for protein smoothies and shakes.  So what I will do is add a couple of new ones every day for awhile, rather than spend a half of a day typing them all at once ;-)

*Please note that if you need more protein than the recipe calls for, you could just double the whole recipe, or adjust it how you need it.  I typically just need one scoop of EAS 100% Whey Protein per drink, but some of you may need more and you will just need to add in more of the other ingredients to balance it out.

* Also, most recipes are meant to be made in a blender...whatever you do, don't try to use a shaker bottle for any of the recipes containing carbonation!!!!!!!  I tried it.  ONCE.  And spent and hour cleaning up the kitchen afterwards.

Disclaimer - the following recipes may not be for everyone!  Some recipes may contain artificial sweeteners!  Some recipes may contain caffeine! Some recipes may contain nut products!  Some recipes may contain (gasp) the sometimes-controversial-in-the-BFL-world BANANA!!!  Some of the fruits used may be high glycemic!  Some smoothies may make you moan so look out if you are working in a cubicle.  Some recipes may cause flatulence.  But I promise, they are all so darn tasty.

***********************************************************************************************

Protein Colada:

1/2 Cup Silk Brand unsweetened Coconut Milk

1 scoop vanilla EAS 100% Vanilla Whey Protein Powder

1/2 Water

1/2 Cup frozen or fresh pineapple

1/3 to 1/2 Banana

Dash of Coconut Extract

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

************************************************************************************************

Hula Dew (my all-time favorite!):

8 oz. diet Mt. Dew (or I have also used diet Sprite)

1/2 Cup frozen or fresh pineapple

1/2 banana

1 scoop vanilla EAS Vanilla 100% Protein Powder

ice

Blend and enjoy!

**************************************************************************************************

Protein Candy Bar Shake:

1 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk

1 TB. Chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant Jell-O pudding mix

1 scoop EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder (Choc. or Vanilla, either one!)

2 TB. Torani brand Caramel sugar-free syrup (usually found on the coffee aisle in a grocery store)

ice

Blend and enjoy!

*************************************************************************************************

Protein Iced Cappaccino:

1 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk

1 scoop EAS 100% Vanilla or Chocolate Whey Protein Powder

4 TB. Hills Bros. sugar-free Cappaccino Drink Mix powder (in French Vanilla or Mocha, they're both good)

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

*************************************************************************************************

Peachy Protein Smoothie:

8 oz. peach flavored sparkling water (I get the Clear American brand and Wal-Mart)

1 Cup fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches

1 scoop EAS 100% Vanilla Whey Protein

Ice

I also add just about 1/4 cup of Silk brand unsweetened Almond Milk, just to make it less "slushy" in texture.

Blend and Enjoy!

Susan Berna

2010 Body-for-LIFE Grand Master Champion

• Thanks so much for sharing these! I have just completed Challenge 1 and am on my second week of AR. I'm starting C2 on the 9th and was a little worried about becoming bored with the same diet as before. I can't wait to try these and to see some more of your creations!

• wow. I'm going to try one of these tonight!

• Here is a picture of what the Silk brand Coconut milk and Unsweetened Almond milk look like (of course, there are other brands too, this is just what I have used):

Susan Berna

• Here is what the Torani sugar-free syrup looks like.  It can usually be found on the coffee aisle...the blue label is the sugar-free version:

Susan Berna

• Here is what the Hills Bros. sugar-free Cappaccino mix looks like.  The sugar-free comes in both French Vanilla and Double Mocha.  It's on the coffee aisle too:

Susan Berna

• Here is what the sparkling water looks like from Sam's/Wal-mart:

Susan Berna

• Sunrise Smoothie:

8 oz. Orange flavored Crystal Light

1/2 Banana

1/2 Cup unsweetened frozen or fresh Strawberries

1/3 Cup unsweetened frozen or fresh Mango

1 scoop EAS Vanilla 100% Whey Protein Powder

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

****************************************************************************************************** 

Susan Berna

• These are great thinks so much!  My favoriet way to drink my whey is to use 8oz cold coffee and 1 scoop protein powder with ice (blend or shake) ... it's like an iced mocha!!  LOVE IT!

• Crystal - YUM!  I love iced protein java!!!  In fact I am going to have that later; thanks for the reminder :-)

Susan Berna

• Sunset Smoothie:

8 oz. diet Mtn. Dew (or diet Sprite)

1 Cup Strawberries

1/2 Cup Blueberries

1 scoop EAS Vanilla 100% Whey Protein Powder

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

Mounds Bar Shake:

4 oz. unsweetened Coconut Milk

4 oz. water

2 TB. Jell-O sugar-free, fat-free Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix

splash of Coconut Extract

1 scoop EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder (chocolate or vanilla)

Ice

Blend and enjoy!

***** For an Almond Joy Shake, DebbieMO substituted Almond Extract in place of the Coconut Extract! *****

Susan Berna

• Silk milks are so tasty!  I have only tried the Vanilla Lite Silk milk...I make my smoothies with that and also the EFL Chai tea one is so DELICIOUS!  I dont' have my book here but try that if you haven't...but I am sure you have....I also make a simple smoothie with  8oz Vanilla Lite Silk Milk, 1 TBL EAS choc. powder shake, 1 TBL whey protein, 1 TBL wheat germ,  4-6 frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 2 ice cubes...it is so good...sort of a chocolate/banana/strawberry shake..Thanks for the great post and all the wonderful recipes!  ~  Julie, Week 1, Round 3 , 2011 -  (BAZILLIONTH BFL challenge) :)

• please please help me, ive just started BFL my 1st challage and i dont have a clue what shak to get or anything. and i dont think i can afford them :(

i need something that will give me engey to get throught the work outs and im aiming to get lean and toned. im worried of bolking up!!!

if anyone has any suggestions that would be amazing!!

thank you so much

• Hi Lydia, I sent you a private message to try to answer your questions, along with a friend request :-)

Susan Berna

• Palmer1924 - that sounds GREAT!!!  THANK YOU for the recipe!!!  I am always wanting to try new and different shakes!

Susan Berna