BREAD

• hi everyone

28 year old female, day 5 of my first week of my first challenge.

i was just wondering if i should be eating 2 pieces of bread or one piece of bread with my meals. i eat a lot of sandwiches for this challenge because it is convenient for me, but it made me think maybe i am eating too much bread and i should maybe eat half sandwiches instead. (like 3 meals a day are sandwiches so 6 pieces of whole wheat bread) - any thoughts?

thanks

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

• Sometimes I feel like I'm always the bearer of the bad news.  In the book you will read that Bill Phillips "reluctantly" added bread.  I recommend that you have it once a day max but if you are seeing results and that's going to keep you on course to get your six meals in then do it.  If you start seeing sluggish results, that's the first thing I would change.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• revisit it. oh, well in that case i am really glad i asked. i read the book a year ago and thought i remembered it, but perhaps i should revisit it!

what in your opinion is the best carb to eat?

• Champster could probably answer better because she knows more than me..after all, she's the Champster!!  But for me, I try to stick with complex carbs like sweet potatos, baked potatos, brown rice, and even low carb whole wheat tortillas.(those make awesome chicken wraps, btw!) I hardly ever eat bread.  Maybe 2-3 times a week, I'll have a whole wheat english muffin with egg whites or a tablespoon of natural peanut butter.  But I usually cut it in half (like you would a bagel), and only eat half of it. I hope that helps.

• yes that helps a lot. thanks for the answer! i guess i didn't know what complex carbs were. i will start substituting bread for these things!

• Mike hit the nail on the head.  

• One other thing that I do is buy a bag of red potatos and I boil half the bag at once and keep them in the fridge.  I prefer to eat them cold, that makes them portable and portion controlled as well.  I eat one potato with chicken or tuna.

• thanks for the tip! i am glad i asked now :D

• Great idea Michelle! We may have to try that one too!

Volvogirl, I'm starting Week 7 and I stil have to refer back to my BFL book from time to time. I received the Champion's book in my kit so I haven't read the original book, but the Champion's one is really good.

Go get em girl!!

• i am not familiar with the champion book...i might have to go to the bookstore today! thanks

previously i had just borrowed the book from the library. i should purchase one i guess!

are you talking about the kit from the website?

• My employer is Abbott Labs, owner of EAS. Abbott sponsors a BFL challenge every year for employees and anyone who signs up for the first time, receives the BFL book in the kit.  It also came with a 12 week planner/journal that is my life-saver!

I've seen the Champions BFL book at more than one Hafl Priced Books stores. Not sure if you have those stores where you live, but if you do, it's worth looking there first.

• Volvogrrl1981 I have 2 Champions for life books. More than happy to send a copy if you would like it. I order my suppliments from fitrx.com and for a while they were giving out free champions for life books with large purchases.

Greg

• Now that's what I all the Universal Law of Reciprocration in action!!

• Way to pay it forward Greg!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Sweet!! What a great group of people here.