What about Triscuits??

• I was wondering if I could eat Triscuits for my carb??  I know I know it's not on the list, but the ingredients are simple: Whole grain soft white winter wheat, soybean oi, salt.

1 serving has: 130 Calories, 4.5g fat, 0.5g sat fat, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 3g protein

I am pretty sure the answer to this will be "stick to the authorized foods", but thought I would see what others think!!

Thanks!!

• (((I'm going to guess that the answer from someone-more-knowledgeable-than-I :) will be along the lines of:

1) How big is '1 serving' - 3 crackers?

2) Too much/How much sodium?

3) Likely lots of fat for a relatively small serving.

4) 'Bad' carbs.

Interested to see if I am beginning to 'get it'. ;)   )))

• well I had them on occasion along with a laughing cow cheese wedge, and a serving of protein yet, like cott. ch. or meat.  I beleive the serving is 7 crackers?

I was eating walmart brand triscuits, but recently ditched them (I didn't understand all the ingredients) and now use Wasa crackers instead, I like to know exactly what's in my crackers.

• Once in a while, OK. Every day, probably not. More than once daily, definitely not. Free day, munch away.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• The ones I have are Triscuit Thin Crisps and 1 serving is 15 crackers so you get plenty (IMO)!

The sodium is 180mg.  I don't see why they would be labeled as a "bad carb" as they are baked whole grain wheat crackers and they only have 3 ingredients.  I just wondered if they would be ok since they are not on the approved food list.  I wouldn't eat them all the time, but they are SUPER easy to toss in your bag with some tuna and then you have a meal on the go!

• I like the Triscuits with pepper and olive oil. I can't imagine these to be altogether off-limits, but as with everything, moderation is key. I, too, like them with tuna and think it makes an excellent quick-n-easy daytime meal at work.

1 serving: 6 crackers, 120 cal (35 cal from fat), 0.5g sat fat, 135 mg sodium, 3g fiber, 0g sugar, 3g protein. Aces!

Keep it up!

• I'm going to play the devils advocate and throw this out there for you all to think about.  An apple is just as portable as the triscuits and it's unquestionable in whether it's authorized.  As are baby carrots and celery to go along with the apple and tuna, by the time you finish chewing all that up your satisfied and your mouth is tired and you've stayed on plan.  

Don't get me wrong, I adore olive oil and black pepper triscuits but I reserve them for free day with goat cheese.  

You are working toward developing really good habits six days a week and free day once a week.  Yes, triscuits are a free food.  But I'm a nit-picker too.  ;o)

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Oops - didn't mean to imply Triscuits were all or any of the above - but thought they might be 'not-so-approved' for some reason, & I was just throwing out guesses what that reason might be... :)

I guess because they are yummy-salty, and that is linked in my mind with bad stuff like potato chips and nachos - definite no-no's. :D

• @ CapnK - Lol

@ Champster09 - boo you just ruined my whole week!!!  Lol  jk!!  But you're right ... I was getting sucked into trying to justify something that's not on the list!!  Back to the basics!!  Thanks for snapping me out of it!