Arnold DOUBLE PROTEIN BREAD

• I was using this to count as a protein. 

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. 

Would you consider this a good source of protein?

1 slice=  1.5 gram of fat

Sat. fat = 0g

Trans. fat = 0g

Cal. = 110

Cal. from fat = 15

Total Carbs = 18g

PROTEIN = 7g

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• Hi! Welcome.

I would not consider this a protein. Yes it has some protein, yet it is most definitely a carb. And one slice would probably be a perfect serving size... toast it up add some egg whites or cottage cheese or a protein shake (to get serving of protein) and you have a good BFL meal.

I say good and not great. Looking at the ingredients there are sugars and juices etc in there. For a "bread" I would rather chose Ezekiel made by Food For Life or Stone Mill has a good one too. They are more natural, no added stuff...but as far as carbs go sweet potatoes, brown rice, and quinoa are probably better choices.

• I agree. There isn't enough protein here to be a good protein source, but it has about one serving's worth of carbs. I usually try to get about 20 grams of protein and 20 grams of carbs in each meal.

"The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another."  -Alexander Graham Bell

• Thanks for the info.  I didn't think it counted, but I was hopeful!   :)

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• I have a question to add to this, If 13 more grams of protein were added would it still not count towards the 20 because of the source? I've never heard of or had this bread, but if I do ever come across it I want to make sure that I understand! :) Thanks!!

Tia~

http://journeytosix.blogspot.com

You can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret...