What did ya eat for breakfast today, ie Meal 1?

• Honestly, Charlie. You have so much to contribute to this group, but your message is lost because it is delivered like a blow to the head with a sledgehammer.

Go look up 1 Corinthians 13:2.

Now here's my challenge to you: take this as constructive criticism and prayerfully consider whether you are responding in this forum as Christ would have you do.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• I was watching a PBS special on nutrition yesterday and it was mentioned that eating egg whites, because they are lacking biotin can actually create a biotin deficiency in the body.  On the other hand, Dr. Perricone suggested that albumin (aka egg whites) are an excellent way to increase protein in the body IF  they are pasteurized and not cooked.  but just cooking and eating egg whites can create a biotin deficiency so you would need to supplement.

I THINK, and that's why I have an omelet with one egg and some egg whites, that having at least one egg yolk will reduce the problem with the lack of biotin.  My son doesn't agree.  Like Charlie, he says that egg whites alone are not good for you.  Same with soy.

• Only a few short years ago, the "experts" were telling us that coffee is bad for us.  Now, the "experts" tell us that coffee is good for us, even 2 - 3 or more cups per day.  Eggs?  They were bad for us, now good for us.  Diet sodas with saccarin?  OK'd in USA, banned in Canada.  But cyclamates were approved in Canada, banned in USA.  Wow.  What will they find out next year?

I think IMHO I'll continue to have 2 -3 eggs weekly, max.  I'm too lazy to pull the yolks out, so they're going in as well.  

Not losing any sleep over cholesterol - mine's 121.  

The more interesting question is "how many grams a day of protein should you consume?".  Guess what.  The "experts" recommend values anywhere from 0.3 (offical USDA) - 1.0 g protein daily per lb of body weight.  Which "expert" should I listen too on this one?  The "fist-sized" or "palm-sized" servings given in the BFL list seem reasonable, and I follow that.  The actual mass of protein will of course vary depending on the protein content of the food....

Thank God for the 1st Law of Thermdynamics - which needs no support from "experts".

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Merry Christmas, Charlie.  I will be praying for you.  I really wonder how many newcomers you have scared off with your "all-knowing" advice/attitude.  I won't let someone like you bring me down because I have too many things in my life that I am passionate about and I have a positive energy I like to share with others.  Imagine how many people daily you hurt with your harsh attitude; maybe you should make it a resolution to be a nicer person in the upcoming year. 

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• X2

I agree with ya BDMom.  While Charlie seems to knowledge, I know that personally reading som of his post have sort of turned me off to the site and the plan.  Now I just see an internet troll who seems to attack anybody with a different point of view from his own

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• What I stated was not my point of view. It is science. The discussion of how foods effect insulin and what is essential to the body is not my point of view. Neither is calorie balance. It's the simple law of thermodynamics.

Sara - read the Bible verse and I do get what you are saying. So I will be better about my delivery on here, to be more positive.

• Thanks, Charlie. That's all I am asking. I do think you have a lot to offer.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.