You can't out exercise a poor diet!

• Have you ever thought about how long it takes you to burn 1000 calories. You could bust your tail on the treadmill for an hour and still not burn 1000 calories. How long does it take to eat a 1000 calories? Well... a big mac, fries and coke will be more than ample.....or a cup of cashews.... or a couple pieces of homeade pie with ice cream. The point is that exercise cannot keep pace with poor nutrition. Workouts only account for about  20% of our shape and the rest is proper nutrition.....knowing what to eat...how much to eat and when to eat. Focus on and plan your daily intake of food just as much (if not more) than your exercise program and you will see great improvements in your physique.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• WOW...what a great way to put it all in perspective and so very True!!!!

• loubear.....just read your profile. You've come to a good place. You will get a lot of support here. God your creater waits for you to call on him for strength. I pray that you will find the strength and courage to take the right steps to succeed in reaching your goals and dreams.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• EXCELLENT POST! That puts thing into perspective. Thanks fit4life.

• You are what you eat...great post fit4life

• loubear-  I know some people that live in a small town surrounded by taverns.  (I grew up in that.)  There was this owner of one of the bars that drank and owned the bar for decades.  A few years ago he had a health scare that forced him to stop drinking or he would die.  Everyone thought he would close the bar down and what would he do?  That was his life.  

Well, he stopped drinking and still owns and runs the bar nightly.  He has been sober ever since.  It's like a miracle, but he dug deep down inside himself and decided he wanted to be healthy, but still see his clients and friends.  Wow, now that's determination.

• I love it...I've heard it often..you can't outtrain a bad diet, and it is sooo true.  I was just sitting here planning out my meals for next week.  I've turned this week of AR into a non-planned eating week, and haven't made the best choices.  That is all about to change.  I have worked too hard, and plan to keep at it.  Thanks for posting this; it came at a great time.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"